View Full Version : Am I Crazy? Swap Idea.....

Canalman
12-13-2003, 10:54 PM
4 Leg Swap
Turning the Winter Away!

I had an idea on how to make this winter go by a little faster. During the season, I’m always looking forward to the leg get togethers and they have marked some good memories for me. Meeting new people etc. However, it is not feasible to have 4 plug get togethers, hell it’s hard enough to have one. I thought a 4 leg swap could be the answer to a faster winter. I know swaps can be stressful so maybe 3 legs would be better or even 2, but I’m willing to do 4. Here are my ideas for categories.

#1 – Realistic Paint Job Swap – Any plug style with your best shot at a realistic finish
#2 – “One for the nutbag” Swap – Strange plugs, use your imagination.
#3 – Most productive Plug Swap – The plug that produced the best for you last season
#4 – Original Creation Swap – Something new or original

I know it’s a big workload :smash:. Give me some input, is 4 too much is anyone interested? I think 10 people is the maximum and I’d like to have everyone make 11 of each plug, one for each builder and one for auctions to benefit the site. Deadline would be the 20th of each month; Jan 20th, Feb 20th, March 20th and April 20th. Or, we could have a final deadline with all the plugs due March 31st. Maybe I’m already delirious with cabin fever :err: if I am please feel free to put me in my place:nopain:. Let me know what you think:hee:.

-Dave

Slipknot
12-14-2003, 02:12 PM
I think it's an interesting idea

I could be in for some of that

chumbucket
12-14-2003, 02:34 PM
...man, I don't know...you guys know how slow I am...I don't think I can crank that many plugs out plus all the plugs I still owe people and making a couple for myself so I can have something to fish with next season.:eek5:

Christian
12-14-2003, 05:43 PM
how bout make em only 5 person swapS?

Slipknot
12-14-2003, 06:42 PM
How about a 10 person swap with your choice of canalmans' ideas 1-4. Make 11 of whichever catagory you want.

Canalman
12-14-2003, 06:44 PM
5 would be fine with me... it's just an idea... it can be tweaked in any number of ways. I just wanted to make sure anyone that wanted to could get in on it. Let's shoot for 5 people maybe 6? What do you guys think would be better as far as deadlines go? 4 different ones or one big payday in April?

Are you guys in??

Canalman
Slip
Chumbucket
Christian

I'd like to see what Tagger, Newelly or EelPunt might bring to the table with these criteria. Let me know what you guys think.

-Dave

Canalman
12-14-2003, 06:52 PM
Slip that's another good idea... although I'd like to see what you guys would come up with under each catergory... tough decision.

-Dave

MAC
12-14-2003, 07:30 PM
I like Slips idea, 4 sets of plugs by April is too much I think. Plus I won't be able to turn anything until the middle to end of January.

Canalman
12-14-2003, 08:27 PM
Perhaps a compromise is needed....

How about...

6 guys

2 sets of plugs

1 deadline

Say March 21st????

That would be 14 plugs per person all due by the 1st day of spring (Very fitting :heybaby: )

As long as this works for everyone the list would look like this so far...

Canalman
Slip
Chumbucket
Christian
Newell Guy (?)

I think I'll do realistic and "nutbag"
I really hope this works out... dying to see what comes out of this.:D

-Dave

chumbucket
12-16-2003, 12:42 AM
I'm in for 10 or 6 or as many as we decide on to do the swap. I like Canalmans catagories and I'm getting a few ideas already:D

MAC
12-16-2003, 06:09 AM
March 21st would be good. That gives me plenty of time. :kewl:

Canalman
12-16-2003, 10:07 AM
Great! I'm going to re-post this in revised form... we'll shoot for 6 but leave room for up to 10. My head is a-bubblin' with ideas :beat: .

-Dave