View Full Version : Houston Talking To Clemens???

BigFish
12-14-2003, 10:58 AM
I heard that the Houston Astros have told Roger Clemens that if he would sign with them and come out of "RETIREMENT":laugha: that he would only have to pitch at home games? Now.....I have only one thing to say about that! If that does indeed happen.....that a player, any player, signs a contract and is only required to play the home games......that the team would let that happen, that Major League Baseball would allow it, and that a player would agree to such a deal, obviously not giving any thought to how it would affect the team, its players and sports in general........all I can say is the day "I" ever see such a deal or situation take place........"I" will not ever, under any circumstances watch another baseball game "EVER"!!!!!!! To even consider such a thing is simply the most ludicrous, mind bending and rediculous proposition I have ever heard of in my sports fan life. If it happens, believe me, the Red Sox can go win their friggin' World Series without this fan.

Signed,
Fed Up With These Spoiled, Pampered, Candy AS% Babies!

:af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af:

argh
12-14-2003, 11:07 AM
Brother, screw clemons! As long as he's not coming back to boston I'm cool. Hated that reneck when he was here. Schil, Pedro, Lowe, and who ever else might make for a loud night out on the beach next year. GO THEO!:happy: :happy:

BigFish
12-14-2003, 11:16 AM
Can you see how devisive a contract like that could be if a Major sport ever allowed such a thing to happen?????? It is what happened when owners started paying these loud mouthed, overpriced players the big bucks all those years ago, they set a presidence and had to learn to live with it! Imagine if this type of contract became the norm......all the teams would have a "Home" team and an "Away" team quite literally! Baseball has been spinning down the toilet since they began to expand, they just don't know when to leave well enough alone!:hang: :behead:

JohnR
12-14-2003, 11:54 AM
They allowed Deion & Bo to split between baseball and football. There is a precedent, kinda sorta.... But I don't think Bo & Deion was good for baseball

argh
12-14-2003, 07:02 PM
George ruined baseball, back in the day paying Oscar Gamble a mill a year to sit the bench. The shame of BO was he was getting good at baseball! i.e. MVP of the all star game. To bad his HOBBIE finished his career.

Bassman18
12-14-2003, 07:30 PM
The players are killing the game as well. Since when has playing baseball been for the game anymore? Right now, it's all about money and ego. It's a shame how it turned out, oh well...times are changing.

CAL
12-14-2003, 09:01 PM
It was only a couple years ago that Mario Lemieux only played home games. The leagues don't have a say in it.

argh
12-16-2003, 08:32 AM
Anybody remember Jay Miller? Played for the B's. He owns a bar on cape and has a dart team. Well I play against him one night and meet his buddy Chris Nylan. Two of the biggest a-holes I've ever met. Sure am glad I don't have any money, the wife says I'm enough of an a-hole as it is!