View Full Version : Bass have been steady...

CowHunter
05-12-2001, 07:07 PM
Thing have been looking a bit better this past week, although much slower than this time last year. Been fishing NY waters the past week and have been catching decent bass steadily. Caught bass over 20lbs 4 out of 5 nights, however no slobs as of yet, Soon I Hope!!!

JohnR
05-13-2001, 10:26 AM
CowHunter (05-12-2001 20:07):
Thing have been looking a bit better this past week, although much slower than this time last year.

Definitely, real slow off last year too. But the Cape seems to be spinning up and a good friend of mine told me about some keeper fish in Weymouth which seems early...

CowHunter
05-13-2001, 03:53 PM
Had my first good night of the season last night, had 6 bass in 3 hours that were weighed at 21-23lbs, had a few in the teens, and had a 35-40lb fish right at my feet after a 15 minute awesome battle before she came right off, what a fish! Nice to see that after a long winter, almost forgot what it feels like.....Going back out tonite! Fish are all still in the Back Bays, they will be moving out soon after they are done doing their thing.....Also nice to see acres and acres of huge adult bunker being destroyed by some big cows!!

Saltheart
05-14-2001, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the report cowhunter.