View Full Version : Hey patrick.....

Anthony
05-13-2001, 12:12 PM
I am making my bike to be able to carry my fishing gear too! its really coming out great. when i am finally finished i will take a picture and post it on the board. seeing as though i am only 14 this will really help when i am up in new hampshire walking distance (now riding distance) from the beach. ok well enough with talking, here is my design.......what i did was i took my 15 speed mountain bike, i then found a piece of ply wood lying around the house about 2 feet long and 1 foot wide and an inch thick, i then took a power drill to it and through one of the holes on the rear axle of my bike i put a screw in it and then put the other end of the screw through the hole on the ply wood, i then took the reflector off of the rear end of the bike and bent the holder side ways, i put a 6" bolt through there and thropugh another hole in the ply wood, i drilled one more hole in the ply wood and put another 6" bolt through it and on one of the bars that conects to the wheel axle i bent the bolt down to hold in place. this is the point i am at right now,i bought some pvc pipe 2 inches in diameter and plan to cut it into three even pieces,i am going to mount these pieces of pvc pipe to the ply wood that is mounted to my bike,my 2 10' rods will each go in one of these pipes and my sand spike will go in the other. i am also contemplating wether or not i should put a basket type thing on the front of my bike to hold my bait bucket.my surf bag will then go on my shoulder and away for a days fishing i go.

so what you think patrick? good design? i thought it was.

Anthony

tight lines everyone

Patrick
05-13-2001, 09:15 PM
Sounds good. The one concern I had was mounting a rod in a place where it could get snagged by branches or overpasses. If it works well, good for you. Have fun.

Anthony
05-14-2001, 01:33 PM
my rods are all 2 pieces so i wont have to worry about snags