View Full Version : Cape Questions

RIROCKHOUND
12-17-2003, 05:50 PM
A couple of cape based questions;

Going up Friday with on of our small research boats (16') to do some work in the Pleasnt Bay/Chatham area; My colleague is the principal investigator of this work, I'm just handling the boat end of it/logistical support etc.. He has a boat ramp picked out on pleasant bay; I was just looking for a couple of other options incase we get there and find it no good; suggestions?

2. Coming from RI, he lives in Worcester, Looking for a park and ride somehere convieniet to leave a car or two to make travel easier.. any thoughts? will be trailering, so looking for something easy on/easy off....

Thanks Guys!
Bryan

Ed B
12-17-2003, 06:14 PM
Bryan, I assume the ramp he has picked out is at Ryder's Cove in Chatham. That's the only decent one I know of in that area. The other's are sandy bottom town landing type places.

If your looking for a convenient park and ride, the one we often use is Fish Rd in Tiverton.

Ed

RIROCKHOUND
12-17-2003, 06:38 PM
Ed, thanks, was looking for one farther along so we could split there and he could go west to Worcester and I could go SW to So.Co... was thinking somewhere near the bridge?

likwid
12-17-2003, 07:50 PM
I think there might be a park and ride by the sagamore.

Not sure, check mapquest!

redlite
12-18-2003, 10:56 AM
There is a big commuter lot across from the gas station behind MacDaddy's and the Highway department facilty at the Sagamore rotary that you can park at. Just follow the sign. When I meet up with my buddy a lot of times we'll leave one vehcle there for the weekend. Never had a problem.

Another piece of advice, be careful out on the boat. even though you're in Pleasant Bay, you don't want to fall out of the boat and end up a human iceberg.

redlite
12-18-2003, 11:03 AM
......And sneek a rod on. You never know, but just maybe that elusive freek school of 50 pounders will swim under the boat...............

RIROCKHOUND
12-18-2003, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the info redlite...
I grew up fishing winters in new england, and run boats for a living so I'm well versed in saftey etc... thanks for the concern though, and the info, I thought i remembered a lot there, but wasnt sure...

Bryan

Hooper
12-19-2003, 05:16 AM
Bryan-

The Ryder's Cove boat launch is the best, but if that fails, we used to use a ramp at the head of Pleasant Bay in East Orleans, near the Nauset Marine buildings on the road to Nauset beach.

RIROCKHOUND
12-21-2003, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, launched out of Ryders cove, nice easy ramp... back there again tuesday...
Bryan