View Full Version : macojoe!! 9 1/2' mako from surf

shore manic
12-17-2003, 11:13 PM
found this on a florida site. fishing on padre island texas. now that's fishing!!! check the link http://63.151.112.131/cgi-bin/Fish.cgi?read=10187 must be fun putting a tail wrap on that bad boy....:smash:

mikecc
12-17-2003, 11:17 PM
And you guys thought Patrick was nuts with his thread about tuna from the surf.:smash:

shore manic
12-18-2003, 12:05 AM
WELL EVERYTHING IS BIGGER IN TEXAS.....

Codfather
12-18-2003, 10:06 PM
I'd like to lip land one of those:smash:

macojoe
12-18-2003, 11:36 PM
Wow thanks SM !! I just left him a message. I no from boat it was a great fish to deal with!! By shore must have been crazy!!

shore manic
12-19-2003, 01:22 AM
i'm sure the rest of our members can't figure this out....WHY?"cause all they know are stripers? GAME FISH of the N.E. you wanna fish? then go south!!! i.m tired of the who can get the largest bass ! !i'm moving on to redfish, a drum but saltwater, #40 and tarpon,up to 180 lbs. then there is permit,redfish, snook. the grouper, and red snapper, wahoo,mahi,mahi or dolphin fish, and the Barracuda for fun
that's just inshore. now we move offshore it's any ones guess what will hit.reel in the teasers and let out the fresh ballyhoo!! can you tie a bimini? double line ? if not then don,t reply!!!

the sideliner chasing mullet 3 feet out of the water. that's why they call em flying fish.. ever see a snook corraling mullet probably not!! it's a great site seeing bait fish jump out of the water 4'-6' in the air!!! also that mako hookup was true! if you believe it or not it's true stripers vs. sharks from shore.. it's up to you. people do really fish for sharks ya know!!!! from surf!!! i used to like fishing for stripers but now i'm looking for tarpon, and redfish, so to each his own.. and the Mako is a real fact..!!! not a story>>>there are other fishing spots out there besides MA. Florida is only the beginning

shore manic
12-19-2003, 03:12 AM
i thought that was pretty cool!! guess the rest didn't think it was so swell. or maybe they just don't believe you can do that.. i would have thought ya get more posts than 5!!ya think that picture with the mako curling back at the guy scared em off. or they think it's all bull#^&#^&#^&#^& and funning you. fishing season here doesn't compare to 356 days in fl. I give up see ya all later? doesn't anyone fish the keys for the real thing? what ever happens to bite!!!!

tlapinski
12-19-2003, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by mikecc
And you guys thought Patrick was nuts with his thread about tuna from the surf.:smash: :laughs:

BigBo
12-19-2003, 07:09 AM
Shore M, don't let the door hit ya in the ass. Try to seek some anger management when you're in Fla.

Mr. Kav
12-19-2003, 08:47 AM
shore maniac
Yes it was cool to see pictures of a mako caught from the surf and i can say i have never caught a mako from shore.
i think you would be surprised at some of the experiences that allot of the members here have had when it comes to fishing here in new england waters as well as elsewhere. i wouldn't assume that you know what we have done and what we haven't.
What are your trophy fish?

fishsmith
12-19-2003, 10:31 AM
Florida's a nice place to visit, but I'll take our winter months of misery up here over unrelenting heat from april to october.
and the chinese food down south sucks (the duck sauce is in packets :yak: )

Rip Runner
12-19-2003, 11:18 AM
Shore Maniac, looks like you'll have a great time in FL, but I think you're missing some of the great fishing here in NE. Yes, we love to catch big stripers, but there is a-lot here in NE besides stripers, but for many of these species,you do need a boat. Lets think about some of the species in our waters: Mako Sharks to include the IGFA record of 1221 pounds, the un-official largest make over 1300 pounds, IGFA record blue shark 454 pounds, Tiger sharks over 1000 pounds, Thresher sharks over 500 pounds, hammer head sharks, bull sharks, Blue fin tuna well over 1000 pounds, yellow fin tuna, Big eye, bonito, false albie's, blue marlin, white marlin, swordfish, mahi mahi, and I'm sure there's a few others I'm not listing. Oh, this is all fact as well. I'm not trying to compare NE to FL, but if you think there's just good striper fishing here, your mistaken.

Mr. Sandman
12-19-2003, 01:48 PM
A 12/0 from the beach? wow that this a hell of a stand-up rig.
How does one cast a 12/0? rocket launcher?

BigBo
12-19-2003, 02:15 PM
Rip Runner, :kewl: Not to forget Bluefish, Seabass, Tautog, Flounder, Fluke, Scup............it's a fairly long list isn't it Shore M?
Are these the responses you were looking for? I'm just not sure what you expected. Apparently you're about the only one on a Striped Bass Forum that's tired of Striped Bass talk.
:doh:

shore manic
12-24-2003, 11:59 PM
OKAY, im sorry it was a bad day and i didn't mean to piss anybody off. i love stripers too but seems too much to wait for. nov.to april if you're lucky seems a long time to wait to go fishing salt. there are some fish here in the northeast, i'm just saying if ya want to fish SO., Florida is the place for me.. notice i said me, mayybe not for all fisherman but that is what's calling me back. see i don't mind the heat and to be able if ya want to fish 365 days if you can. i don't want to get into all the bull, fisherman are what they are no matter where ya fish, for me it's not the fish or how much you caught ! it's being outdoors on the beach that makes all worth
while catching fish or not!!! I've gone home skunked many a time but i always came home with a smile!!!!!!! that's what it's all about for me........

chris L
12-25-2003, 12:10 AM
I like the half nekkid ladies .

shore manic
12-25-2003, 12:36 AM
BIG BO.. i've been there, tuna out out of green harbor, fished em for 10 years and shipped quite a few to japan. that was 10 years ago when a good tuna was $14 a pound if ya shipped it you could get $40lb. or been on the low end a couple times. could have sold it at the dock for more money, but we're always looking for the big hit.. that one fish could fetch $20,000 or more!!! been out of it now for 10 yrs.

mrmacey
12-25-2003, 05:00 AM
Merry Christmas Mr Grinch:D

likwid
12-25-2003, 11:26 AM
makos in the surf?

this is about as intelligent as punching oneself in the nuts
:smash:

i'd rather have a boat between me and a 9 1/2 foot mako.

big fish?
BFT's with 10weight flyrods.
enough said ;)

Fly Rod
12-25-2003, 11:55 AM
That was some awesom shark fishing :) Kinda wish we had that type of shore fishing. We can enjoy that same type of fishing just a few miles off shore.
You must be very shallow minded :smash: :smash: to think that the majority of this forum only knows of stripe bass fishing. I can agree that only a few may think that it is the GAME FISH OF N. E. :p :p
I've been very fortunate to have sport fished from Canada to the Bahamas and fished many prestine lakes and rivers from Canada to New Mexico. There is NO better place to fish then the coast of
:cheers: NEW ENGLAND:cheers:
How many of them $20,000.00 fish have you caught:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Tuna fishing is where you must have made your fortune.
One sure way to go broke is to go tuna fishing for a living with rod & reel
Good luck in Daytona. If you want to get a feel for driving in down town Daytona practice driving during the rush hour traffic going to Boston
:laughs: :laughs:

Bob Senior
12-25-2003, 02:25 PM
Sharks and sand robbins! About the same, aren't they--like wild cats at a land fill?

shore manic
12-26-2003, 05:21 PM
yep mrmacey your'e right about me being mr.grinch, my worst fall and winter i.ve had getting some work,so it was not a great x-mas for me, just happy it's over!! ;) got a temp job at a liquor wharehouse loading trucks nights so it's helping. now im back to being shore (manic) and not the maniac!!!:smash:

macojoe
12-26-2003, 05:23 PM
What a fitting job for you!!! :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

shore manic
12-26-2003, 06:03 PM
maco, yeah i cringe every time a case of bacardi comes my way:laughs: but security cameras all over and a thorough check on the way out, so don't worry joe:smash: i wonder if they have those blood alc. testers to blow in for computers? that way my computer won't turn on unless i'm under the limit :smash: