View Full Version : Holiday Season Grumpyness

Arby
12-23-2003, 12:31 PM
Well, I hate this time of the year. Having to walk through the crowded Malls with the wife is not my idea of fun things to do. I went on a Togging trip on sunday. Came home late and tired (oh, cold too). Why didn't I want to go shopping? Duh... I wasn't with the Program...

Well, with that said and done. I want to wish all you guys and gals (including sfrancis and his wife :happy: ) the Happiest Holiday wishes this grumpy bastage can come up with.

Hope you get all the gifts you wanted and wont stand in the long lines returning 1/2 of them that guys like me spent so many hours in the freakin' Mall thinking was just right for you.

Sorry... time for some Rum and Egg Nog. ;)

fishweewee
12-23-2003, 12:31 PM
:af: Mall is a four letter word. :af:

So is "fish." :laughs:

MrsSFrances
12-23-2003, 12:44 PM
Thanks Arby....I hope you and yours have a great holiday too:)

I cant say anything, I hate the malls..I dont like to shop...:eek:

I know I am a rare girl:p

FishermanTim
12-23-2003, 12:55 PM
Hey FWW so isn't....

(bad four letter words)

SHOP
BILL (from shopping)
LINE (to pay for shopping)
PARK (at mall)
CARS (parking at mall)
WAIT (for pay for shopping, and for parking spot to open)

(good four letter words)

TIME (to fish whenever we want)
BAIT (always fresh and available)
GEAR (top of the line, in perfect working order)
BOAT (see gear)
TIDE (knowing where and when)

but the best/worst of all would have to be...

FISH (which we will have to wait for until spring)

Happy Holidays to all.

Billybob
12-23-2003, 01:09 PM
uuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I have to go sometime between now and tomorrow I spose.
I hate"mall" and "shop".

I like "plug"
plug off
plug this
go plug yourself............

I get real grumpy before I have to go to the "mall" to "shop"

I like "beer" too

I don't like happy hoppy white cloudy marshmallow smilies either, until I am opening my presents.

fishweewee
12-23-2003, 02:16 PM
:laughs:

Jimbo
12-23-2003, 05:18 PM
Now, now, if you guys would spend one quarter the time planning your shopping trips as you do your fishing outings, you might find malling more palatable. First, do NOT dress up in any way shape or form for this event. Dressing down, even to slob/bum status keeps most sales people at bay until you approach them with a question or item to purchase. Second, I don't agree to go with my wife unless she agrees we go to Hooters for a drink and some steamers afterwards-get it in writing if you have to. Third, don't follow her! Lead her! Find out who she wants to shop for and what she wants to get, then be the tour guide, don't giver her that option or she will window shop (she can't help it it's in her blood). A hat is an absolute must, preferably a ballcap with a somewhat shredded visor pulled down as low as possible. Fourth, if she leaves you with a "Stay here, I'll be right back," then do not hesitate to pretend you are one of [Monty Python's] Knights of Nih (practice it with me now-Nih, Nih, Nih...). I guarantee you will have that bench all to yourself. Finally, volunteer to carry all the packages, but look for an opportunity (you usually only get one so do it right) to say, "Honey, my arms are getting tired and you look beat from all this shopping, whatdya say we go for that drink and relax before we have to go home to the kids?" And don't foget, when you're at Hooters make sure sometime before you leave you tell her that she's better looking than all the waitresses put together, that you like coming there for the food.

Arby
12-24-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Jimbo
...Second, I don't agree to go with my wife unless she agrees we go to Hooters for a drink and some steamers afterwards-get it in writing if you have to...

Jimbo, I couldn't agree more. We went to the Mall last night for my Daughter-in-law's gift :smash: (my last shopping trip of the season by the way). To get me out my wife promised to go to Atlantic City afterwards. I won $475.00. :happy: That'll buy a lot of Arby toys... :cool:

Ahhhh. the joys of grumpyness... :devil: