View Full Version : Saturday night specials

Nebe
12-29-2003, 03:41 PM
All right, I'm getting the hang of this:D

Below we have my first generation of through-wired plugs. No more screw-eyes for me.... too many people have been giving me a hard time about using screw-eyes, so I gave in...

All plugs are AYC, through-wired, and dressed up for a night on the town with some glitter mixed into the envirotex.

COMING SOON..... balistic surface cruisers from Frech's articles (basically a fat pencil popper), mini surfsters and a whole bunck of poppers:D All are ready to go, except I forgot to order belly gromets:smash:

Nebe
12-29-2003, 03:46 PM
Oh.. top polaris's tail loop was straight until it was introduced to a bridge abutment this morning:smash:

Clammer
12-29-2003, 03:49 PM
Looked just fine too me =I,ll be your upper bay field tester:D

Jigman
12-29-2003, 04:12 PM
Yep, you getting the hang of it :happy: If you have those Frech articles, try the "ballistic". Its the flat plug that weighs around 3 oz :eek: I did up some smaller versions in AYC for use around here. Man, then things will cast a mile. Gotta start working them as soon as they hit though or they'll sink. Will walk the dog pretty well.

Jigman

Nebe
12-29-2003, 04:25 PM
You mean this? :hihi:

Clammer.. If I get my belly gromets in by the plug get together, I'll give you one, otherwise I'll give you one come spring :D

justplugit
12-29-2003, 04:44 PM
Nice EBEN,Nice!
That orange is a killer around pumpkin time. :D

Surfster
12-29-2003, 05:33 PM
I see yer from Rhody huh? Guess I'll have to intercept those bass off Montauk before they hit you in the spring!:sled:

Nice plugs!:claps:

Nebe
12-29-2003, 05:39 PM
I dunno, I can cast pretty far:D

ThrowingTimber
12-29-2003, 05:42 PM
Sweet stuff you got there! :D :happy:

blackeye
12-29-2003, 06:00 PM
faaantastic:D you're wood gives me wood
was down at hazard yesterday test swimming a new "secret weapon". all systems go for mass production (except for wood_coming soon)
see ya's saturday eben & TT, what time ya gonna be up there?:D

ThrowingTimber
12-29-2003, 06:04 PM
I gotta see what is going on and who's coming with. Eben if you and Mike wanna jump in with me and dad you're both welcome to ride up. Leaving early and on schedule I promise. New year's resolution, no more travel on Colombian time tables. Showing up late all the time pisses off fishing buddies. Chris your popper did FANTASTIC for me, in the fall. I couldnt keep it in the water long enough. Should have taken some pics. :smash:

blackeye
12-29-2003, 06:10 PM
somethin's gotta help you catch:p

Nebe
12-29-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by ThrowingTimber
Eben if you and Mike wanna jump in with me and dad you're both welcome to ride up.

I'm not sure what we're doing.. Goosefish had mentioned carpooling too..

Jigman
12-29-2003, 07:35 PM
ballistic, like the ones below. These are 4 inches and 1 1/4 oz. Would have been heavier if I had used birch like Frech did. They cast a mile!! His were 6 inches and 3 oz. The weight placement is important.

Jigman

Nebe
12-29-2003, 08:06 PM
Yes! thats it, After reading the balistic article It mentioned making them flat or round, so I went for round.... A lot of local guys around here are using some plugs called "gliders" that look like yours, except theres a rib down the middle.

I have a belt sander, so maybe I'll try some that are flat.

Nebe
12-29-2003, 08:38 PM
On second thought... Jigman did you spin those on yer lathe out of a flat piece? or did you belt sand them down??

Christian
12-29-2003, 09:55 PM
nice stuff eben:D

jigman i made a body just like that last week:eek: :D

missing link
12-29-2003, 09:59 PM
perdy plugs :)

Jigman
12-29-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Eben
On second thought... Jigman did you spin those on yer lathe out of a flat piece? or did you belt sand them down??

I used the lathe. Started with a rectangular block that was the thickness I wanted for the final plug. Used the gouge to round off the edges, then the skew to do the nose. You could also do it on a beltsander or band saw. The latter might be easier. Rough cut to shape, then sand the edges. I also center drilled mine on the lathe for the thru-wire. I ended up having to drill through the body a second time after adding all the lead. I think one advantage to doing them flat, as opposed to round, is that they'll cast farther. I added the front hook on mine. If I was fishing somewhere that had bluefish, I would probably just go with a single hook on the rear.

Christian, great minds think alike :) warped ones too :laughs: :D

Jigman

Surfster
12-31-2003, 05:29 AM
Guess I'll have to intercept those bass off Montauk before they hit you in the spring! {Surfster}

Originally posted by Eben
I dunno, I can cast pretty far:D

Bliz
01-02-2004, 08:46 AM
Loved the stubby needlefish on the first pic!

That would be killer with some small rubber behind it!...

Bliz
01-02-2004, 08:47 AM
But it would likely kill the casting distance on it...

Bliz
01-02-2004, 08:49 AM
Great innovative work Eben!