View Full Version : Night Glow

goosefish
12-29-2003, 10:29 PM
Feel like running my mouth tonight. Seems like most you guys like casting plugs. I've a question: when the moon is black in the sky, we've got a thing, a fire, that lights up the water and drives me insane--! Know what I'm saying. Near the time of the new moon, if I think "fire" is going to plague me, I start thinking eels or chunks on the bottom. I don't like my plug sending off tracers in the water. I've done well with bait on these type of nights; but haven't really banged em' on plugs.
Wondering if the pluggers stick with plugs or make a switch?

I hate those tiny glowing dinoflagellates.
I know there're key to the food-web, vital, most would say. But when bassing by night...........................Skunking.

BigFish
12-29-2003, 11:05 PM
I stick with plugs...anything that moves in the water, bait, fish aka blues, stripers all cause the fire in the water, sometimes you can spot the schools of fish moving through the water through the "fire"!

Nebe
12-29-2003, 11:31 PM
Jointed eel....... reeeeeeeeeeeel slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

goosefish
12-29-2003, 11:42 PM
Yeah the pogies can really shine.
Took some good fish with glowing water; but, man, to be honest--and what fisherman isn't honest--?:D I've been skunked more times than I care to admit when the water is all lit up.
To me fire in the water means I'II be getting some sleep that night.