View Full Version : lets make a deal!

Nebe
12-30-2003, 07:16 PM
Call me a hoarder, call me a plug hoe, call me crazy but I made these to bring up to the plug hoe-down for the sole purpose of trading. As far as I know I am the only glassblower in the world that is making glass lures so who knows where I'm going with this...right now its purely for fun :D:
Anyway, for the time being I want to do some trading, so lets make a deal.:TM:

I'll also be bringing up some eyes I made for anyone who wants some..free of course :)

Slipknot
12-30-2003, 07:32 PM
Dibs on the top one:happy:
I got custom wood to trade you for one of those :D

MAC
12-30-2003, 07:40 PM
I like the third one down.... Lets make a deal:D

capesams
12-30-2003, 08:25 PM
I'll go fa # 2 down....but ya gotta tell me what ta bring..

BigFish
12-30-2003, 08:32 PM
I am thinking of fishing the rocks in Rhody....do you think those might be good to use?:hihi: :laugha:

rocketman
12-30-2003, 08:42 PM
I'm sure I don't have anything worth trading, but please keep them on display for all to see and feel, til later in the day.

Nebe
12-30-2003, 09:10 PM
Cool! lucky for me some of the guys I wanted to trade with have spoken up..:D
Salty also has dibs on one and if there is a great deal of interest I can make some more, cause I just cant have enough custom wood in my bag.:drool:

Here comes the tricky part... I have to pay someone to help me make these and on top of that I have an enormous gas bill to cover so I'd like to get 4 wood for one glass. Is that cool? I dont want to rake anyone over the coals, but thats the nature of glass.. its wicked expensive to make.:smash:

Capesams I hear you make a pissa of a danny:D

bassmaster??????

Slipknot
12-30-2003, 10:00 PM
:D OK, 4 it is :btu:

UserRemoved1
12-30-2003, 10:02 PM
Somebody else can take my dibs. I got no plugs. hmm where you hear THAT before?
:laughs:

blackeye
12-30-2003, 10:03 PM
jeez eben, I told ya you could get at least 5!!!:rolleyes:

Nebe
12-30-2003, 10:24 PM
Blackeye, for you 5, everyone else, 4 :laughs:

capesams
12-30-2003, 10:28 PM
done,,,hows 3 dannys a one pike....better come with a box an a signed card.:D

Nebe
12-30-2003, 10:39 PM
Cape sams, that sounds great to me. Boxes... yes I have boxes, and cards from my studio.. I'll also dremel my name on the tail.

I love plugs:happy:

MAC
12-30-2003, 10:42 PM
4 sounds like a good deal to me:D

Nebe
12-30-2003, 10:48 PM
Allright!

The popper is still up for grabs, which is strange, cause its my favorite:confused:

capesams
12-30-2003, 10:54 PM
fine I'll take that one too...that's 8 plugs to u.. yes?

goosefish
12-30-2003, 10:54 PM
Eben,
I'II show you one of my sacred spots. One that I'm very careful about. A true cow killer.
Other than that I've got nothing that you don't already have. :)

Nebe
12-30-2003, 11:14 PM
Capesams lets wait a little bit to give some of theother guys a chance who haven't seen this yet. remember I can make more:D

Goosefish, you got a cute sister?:laughs:

capesams
12-30-2003, 11:16 PM
ok...fair unuff.:(

MAC
12-31-2003, 12:04 AM
Awesome, I'll see you Saturday:happy:

CAL
12-31-2003, 12:07 AM
oops

CAL
12-31-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Eben
Allright!

The popper is still up for grabs, which is strange, cause its my favorite:confused:
Well, you know how some of these guys love needles :)

Jigman
12-31-2003, 12:14 AM
Wait till you guys see these critters in person :happy: Dude does killer work with glass :kewl:

Jigman

Slipknot
12-31-2003, 12:46 AM
I might take the popper instead, can I decide when I see them? :D

PASurfer
12-31-2003, 07:47 AM
Eben... kinda of a biased question, but what about those of us who can't make the one-way six hour drive to the plugfest? The lures are great looking, and I'd happily increase your stockpile of customs, but I'm really interested in some glass eyes. Shoot me a PM if something can be worked out.

tobias
12-31-2003, 08:39 AM
I'm interested in what's left over. We'll see you Saturday:happy:

capesams
12-31-2003, 08:59 AM
EB ....u got 1/4" clear eye's w/a dot o black??

Nebe
12-31-2003, 10:46 AM
The eyes that I made up are black center, a band of orange around the black and then yellow all around everything.. no clear. They're rounded on one side, and flat on the other.. At quick glance they look like the plastic cat eyes that some of us use, but the pupil is round not catty. Its pretty hard for me to make them to an exact width, and so far I've only made one attempt.
so capesams, no I dont have that type of eye, but I can make some when I have time.
Pa surfer, sure I'd be willing to trade for eyes, infact it was Christian who gave me the idea in the first place to even try to make eyes..
Trades only though.. I'm feeling like I'm walking a fine line between advertising and just soliciting some stuff to trade. and the last thing I want to do is take any business away from a sponser, or make John R feel like I'm broadcasting an info-mercial here..... I just want to start a collection of custom wood, and certianly not to profit from it financially.
Infact, because these eyes I made look like the cat eyes, I might even sway away from offering them agian and stick to something that doesn't look like one of the sponsers eyes.. dont want to step on any toes:D
Slip, of course you can choose.

Bill L
12-31-2003, 01:54 PM
This has got to be the most impressive Ho Job I've ever seen :laughs:

Pretty cool glass stuff there Eben :kewl:

Nebe
12-31-2003, 04:59 PM
Toonoc did you ever hear about my "Children without Plugs Foundation"?? that was a truely classic hOe attempt..

With this I'm just doing some trading.. hOeing is a fine art of leaving another angler plugless and feeling violated adn tresspased upon. Especially when there is the shameless line.... "I have no plugs", or "I'll test those for you" or "fork em over"..

When we go fishing sometime I'll demonstrate.:D

goosefish
12-31-2003, 05:58 PM
Eben no sister here. Got hundreds of single lady friends who are always hanging around my house looking for something to do.

Your plugs look great. Talent. Do you work on Main St? I think I've seen a truck parked outside, during the season, with rods on the roof.

Nebe
12-31-2003, 06:29 PM
Goosefish, thanks for the compliment! Yeah, that was my old truck... its since gone on to greener pastures. I burned a half tank of gas today visiting all my fishing spots.... its going to be a long winter:smash:

piemma
01-01-2004, 10:13 AM
Eben:
Sooo.... What did ya do? Nothin? I am going tomorrow. Galillee Channel Great island Bridge and Narrow River. I hear (can't confirm) that there were a couple of 35" fish taken in front of the Light last week.:ss:

Nebe
01-01-2004, 11:53 AM
Piemma I just ran around and took in the air. I do this from time to time... I did have my gear in the truck, but It was solely a recon mission. Looking for structure, changes, and thinking back on all the fish I nabbed.
I might take my kayak out today, but its a bit windy...

You going to the plug building get together??

piemma
01-01-2004, 12:55 PM
Eben:
I'd like to but it isn't in the cards this time. I am leaving on business early Monday morning and have a lot of things on the "honey-do" list. I wish I could as I have turned out about 40 dannys so far and would like to do some comparing.
I have been buying lips and grommets from #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& and he had high quality stuff. I am almost out of AYC.

ThrowingTimber
01-02-2004, 06:02 PM
Dude This is the best one yet! :D

Nebe
01-02-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by ThrowingTimber
Dude This is the best one yet! :D

what do you mean?

piemma
01-03-2004, 05:11 AM
yeah, ThrowingTimber, what do you mean?I have bought lots of stuff from #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& and his merchandise is all high quality.

ThrowingTimber
01-03-2004, 08:03 AM
to clarify.

I meant Eben's best attempt to get custom lures, he is trading glass for them. Thats awesome, he's got an endless supply of glass:D Have you been in his shop? It's F'n hot in there. :happy:

I get stuff from bugger every once in awhile I have no idea what you are talking about pie. :confused:

I wasnt commenting on what you had said. I posted the best one yet etc and I called Eben to tell him that, that was a real cool idea trading glass for custom wood. I wasnt commenting on what you had written about purchasing items. I got better things to do than troll around picking apart peoples posts. Sorry if there was any mis-understanding:confused:

Nebe
01-03-2004, 08:13 AM
Timber, Thats what I thought you meant, but then you called me begging for plugs and I understood:D:

see you in a few minutes ......:smash:

piemma
01-03-2004, 12:52 PM
I thought, from your email, which was cryptic to say the least, that you had a problem with buggers stuff. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Slipknot
01-04-2004, 02:22 PM
So who finally ended up with that popper? :confused:

Thanks Eben, Jigman was right, your work is outstanding :btu:

Nebe
01-04-2004, 02:56 PM
Tobias was my final victim...... He walked with the popper and I walked with a silver flash danny, jointed eel, black needlefish, and a yellow popper that's short and wide(kinda hard to explain)

I'm already planning my attack for the next plugfest:drool: