View Full Version : Just Have To Get Through Till' March!

BigFish
01-02-2004, 10:12 AM
OK...we are through the Holidays and that was the easy part! Now we gotta trudge through January and February, and those months drag!:doh: Fortunately, we have some events coming up to help pass the time. Tomorrow we got the big "Plug Ho Down" (see plug builders forum)! Then begins the parade of Sportsmen and Fishing Shows:kewl: March is a great month....finally some warmer days, maybe a little trout fishing to limber up a few of those unused fishing muscles! You start running to all of your favorite fishing spots to check them out for the upcoming season! Uncover the boat and get it all ready to hit the water, beach buggys the same thing! Pick up those new custom rods, and stock up on all that fishing equipment that you will need!:happy: Come March, the MSBA show is the 29th and 29th, speaking of shopping for fishing gear!:bounce: Always a great show (the best in my opinion)! Then comes April.....looking for the first herring in the runs, dropping the boats in the water, you boat guys will be out fishing for macks, and the surf guys will be out getting their beach stickers:ss: Then....the fun begins! First signs of schoolies, and then the first keepers of the season are reported being taken and not far behind are the blues! Next thing you know we will be in full swing!:jump: So as I sit here and watch this mornings snowfall and dream of warmer, fishier days.....remember it is not that far off! We will be fishing before you know it so hang in there everyone!:walk: Warmer days lie ahead!:uhuh:

Raven
01-02-2004, 10:27 AM
but i couldnt help but wonder if a rented bus trip to myrtle beach
for some off season striper fishing wouldnt be more affordable than driving down there individually. From past experience nothing helps break up the winter blues than some sunshine and some "time" away from it.....even if its only a "brief" departure.

BigFish
01-02-2004, 10:30 AM
Uh oh....you should not have mentioned that! My buddy Slingah is browsing around here somewhere and he is gonna wanna jump on that bus! That is all he is talking about lately, heading down south to the Carolinas and hooking up! Poor, sweet Slingah......I only hope he can make it till' April..........:laugha:

Slingah
01-02-2004, 11:01 AM
LETS GO
OBX
I can leave anytime after next fri

BigFish
01-02-2004, 11:16 AM
See what ya' did! :doh: I told you he was gonna get all worked up!:bounce: Now, tomorrow when we go to the "Plug Ho Down", he is gonna be foamin' at the mouth and the whole nine yards! Should be fun though!:happy:

Notaro
01-02-2004, 01:47 PM
This is already driving me nuts !:smash: I can't wait till march!

missing link
01-02-2004, 01:50 PM
what are you guys talking about winter is the best!!!!!

NOT!!!! I HATE THE WINTER@@@:af: :af: :af: :af:

goosefish
01-02-2004, 02:00 PM
BigFish--

A finely written synopsis. :)

BigFish
01-02-2004, 02:01 PM
Why thankyou my fello fish of the Goose variety....I appreciate you saying so. See you tomorrow at the Plugfest?:kewl:

macojoe
01-02-2004, 02:02 PM
Well I just started a new rod for my self :D
It will be another Fluke rod. I have one Jigging Fluke rod and one dead stick. But I needed another one for Jigging.
I also have to fix a reel seat on a buddys rod.
Would like to rebuild a rod if i have the time.
And I have a wire rod to build for another guy.
Still need to get my reels all cleaned up also.
So I have pleanty to do to keep me busy!!

O yea still need to find a Job :smash:

goosefish
01-02-2004, 02:19 PM
I'm taking a half-day today but am getting paid for a full one:D
It's called the boss is out of town. I certainly do not recommend doing this, but sometimes we've got to.

macojoe--I love the joe fluke bending the dead stick down to the gunwale. Its one of my favorite fish hits, if that makes any sense at all.

UserRemoved1
01-02-2004, 02:38 PM
I think this should be moved to the GOP forum so we can really go to town on the subject :D

macojoe
01-02-2004, 03:58 PM
Yea when the dead stick is bent down so hard you can't get it out the holder!!

missing link
01-02-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by macojoe
Yea when the dead stick is bent down so hard you can't get it out the holder!!

with a big boot on the other end!!:smash:

Raven
01-02-2004, 05:27 PM
but we dont have to settle for it ...."unless we choose to"......

since the bluejay used to work for fox bus lines i have always
remembered that buses can be chartered to go non stop all night long to warmer destinations.... and the power of the group outweighs the funds of the one. just a thought, not to incite a riot of striper starved fishermen going out of their tree..*grin

Moses
01-03-2004, 09:19 AM
http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories/story.cfm?story=64225&ran=27098

Jan 3 Fishing Report from OBX - Some highlights below

NAGS HEAD — Winter striped-bass fishing has been robust on the Outer Banks since before Christmas. On Friday, it went through the roof.

At the fishing center, stories abounded about seeing wall-to-wall fish for miles, about catching two, three stripers at a time.

Hundreds who didn’t go out in boats took their gear to the beach to surf fish. Many drove onto the beach at dawn or dusk, when the stripers are known to follow bait fish to shore to feed.

But some anglers recently have been catching them as big as 48 inches and 50 pounds.

March/April sure does seem a loonngg time away.....

Slingah
01-03-2004, 05:51 PM
Thank Moses just what I needed to hear:smash: :D