View Full Version : Looking for Head Cement

leptar
01-04-2004, 01:08 PM
I can't seem to find this anywhere... 3-4 years ago i could go to most places and get Dave's Head Cement.. but now it's like no-one carries it anymore... well atleast not where i've been looking.

I tried the (clear)Nail Polish... and ended up with crappy results...

I tried that other stuff.. ??? forgot the name.. but it too took ages to set.. especially when working with stick-on eye's..

Right now i'm trying to get my buddies eels and squids done.. I'm cheating on some with a special stuff where i'm painting the eye's but the one's i need to do with stick-on's i'm kinda stuck...

Anyone have any recommendations?? With the little guy around i can easily forget to put the eye's on when the (cement gets tacky)... thats why i like dave's.......

sorry if it sounds like i'm rambling and crying at the same time.... i got a 2 year old unspooling my threads....

steelhead
01-04-2004, 07:25 PM
Try Hard As Nails clear nail polish. It works great!

leptar
01-05-2004, 03:49 PM
steelhead, Thanks,, I'll give it a try...

I have been using colored nail polish cheap cheap stuff.. the colors are really funky.. I get it at the Dollar Tree Store. (my wife gets it actually) She gets them wierd colors that look good in the bottle but not on the finger nails,,, so i put them to good use.. but the clear stuff for some reason is like freaking water and takes forever to dry...

Thanks again..

Roger
01-11-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by leptar
but the clear stuff for some reason is like freaking water and takes forever to dry...

Just leave the bottle open for a half hour or so and it will thicken up. Or, I like thin stuff usually, but when I need thicker I put a dollop on a post it note and after about a minute it is thick enough. I apply it with a needle to several flies at once.