View Full Version : Aqua Skinz Plug Bags

fishweewee
01-05-2004, 02:04 PM
Al posted this in his forum, thought I'd share:

Looks promising, would be interesting to see the dimensions and weight and what the holders are made of.

Where do the bucktails go? :laughs:

-WW

fishweewee
01-05-2004, 02:05 PM
Another shot of what looks like another plug bag:

RickBomba
01-05-2004, 02:12 PM
Tell those oys to drop me a line as to where i might buy one.
Hopefully in the mail, as Newport is farther away now.
Later,
Rick

MAC
01-05-2004, 02:43 PM
:drool: Wonder how big the tubes are? If tubes are right this will be a must have item. Velcro tabs, big tubes, Heaven. Any idea on prices?

JHABS
01-05-2004, 04:51 PM
VERYYYYYYYY NICEEEEEEE Bag, I know that Popper in front of the bag to...

tlapinski
01-05-2004, 05:06 PM
if the tubes are like the Vs bag, i'll take one in each size! finally some guys that know what they are doing are making surf gear. keep it coming.

chris L
01-05-2004, 05:13 PM
ha ha ha someone made that popper backwards ! I have a half a dozen of them all backwards . but they work really really well .

I would like a closer inspection of them bags and the jackets . made by fisherman for fisherman . but Im a Lane !

ThrowingTimber
01-05-2004, 06:13 PM
All I can think of are the seagulls in that finding nemo movie. Mine, Mine, Mine:D

Slingah
01-05-2004, 06:26 PM
lookin good
:cool:

tlapinski
01-05-2004, 06:27 PM
mine, mine, mine, mine, mine....

Mr. Sandman
01-05-2004, 08:59 PM
PERFECT!!! I need that small bag:drool:

NIB
01-05-2004, 10:06 PM
T.Lap. I just saw that movie with my niece yesterday. i was crackin up when I saw ur post.
I wonder if the big bag has the same latch I really like. Hope they aren't to expensive.I was just sayin this fall I wish I had one of those old coastal bags these look like a better replacement.finally surf fishin gear designed by a surf fisherman.we need more stuff like it.sometimes I got as many jigs as plugs in my bag an it weighs 25#'s that padded strap feels good already when can we get em.

Rock Hopper
01-06-2004, 09:39 PM
Hey guys,

Sorry for the late reply...have been very busy putting finishing touches on all the things planned for this upcoming year....and things are getting very exciting....wait there are a few more surprises coming.

To answer a few questions, the bags should be available within a 4-6 week period at which point your local retailer can contact AquaSkinz to put in their orders.

These bags that you have had a "sneak peek" at are just the prototypes.... there will be 2 true plug bags and 2 very innovative and highly functional pouches which can utilizied for many applications....you just use your imagination.

They are made of a very high quality material that is non water absorbing l that is also very abrasion resitant...the material is supper tough and to add to that, all the areas that will see wear and tear have been reinforced...there are too many key features within these bags/pouches to mention here. You truely have to see them to appreciate the amount of thought and planning that went into these items.

We will also have a color brochure fairly soon so be on the look out for that as well.

Thanks to all for your continued support and feedback. Hope everyone had a great holiday season; we look forward to meeting & seeing you folks at the upcoming shows!

Regards,

Kadir aka: Rock Hopper
AquaSkinz

JohnR
01-06-2004, 09:53 PM
Hey Kadir... Those bags look nice. Will you have them out in time for the shows? Schweet

Rock Hopper
01-06-2004, 09:56 PM
Sir John,

Yes indeed, they will be showcased at the upcoming events and shows...

Kadir

Bill L
01-06-2004, 10:56 PM
Bags look great, and I've been looking for a pouch/bag for jigs and rubber, sounds perfect :drool:

NIB
01-06-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Rock Hopper
Sir John,

Yes indeed, they will be showcased at the upcoming events and shows...

Kadir
Torture I tell ya pure torture how am I supposed to wait 4-6 weeks.At least its not 6-8 weeks. :)

BasicPatrick
01-07-2004, 12:10 AM
See the complete Aquaskinz line and come play with the new products at the MSBA Show in March

the new stuff is Awesome

Canyon what :confused: :D

tlapinski
01-07-2004, 06:50 AM
Kadir, sounds great! like i said in my earlier post, it's about time that surf gear is being made by guys that actually get out there and know what is really needed. i can't wait to get a first hand look at those. what shows, besides the massbass will aquaskinz be attending?

fishweewee
01-07-2004, 07:38 AM
Road trip. Suffolk County, Long Island. :hihi: I gotta get my 4WD permit anyhoo. :D

chris L
01-07-2004, 08:46 AM
when ya going Ben ?

Rock Hopper
01-07-2004, 09:43 AM
Hello guys & gals,

Thanks for all the feedback!! I think you folks are really going to like these bags/pouches. We made as we would have liked them to be for functionality, strength, comfort, usability and we are all on the same boat as far as that is concerned!!

As for what shows we will be at:

Philadelphia Show
Freeport, LI Show
Atlantic City Sportsman Show
Sufferen Show
RISSA Show
Mass Bass Show

and we will be doing seminars in sizable but private store shows:

Camp-Site, LI - Great Store with everything from Fly to Hunting Prod. March 04

Sportsman's Center - NJ - Another Great store for sportmsmen of every kind. March 04

Saltwater Sportman Magazine : NJ
Feb 04

Come where you can and see the products..we also have a new jacket called the "Rampage" which is a splash top made with the same high grade neoprene that has some great features like the sealed cuffs and hand warmer on the chest, pocket on the arm as well as a removable hood.

There will also be other smaller belt accessories like stainless steel swivel clips and "D" rings on display that we think you guys will find multi uses for. Also a great little eel bag....

Come on down!

Kadir

Slipknot
01-07-2004, 10:24 AM
Looks good but I have a question about the insert tubes. Are they square or round? I can't tell from the pic. I like square tubes better, they fit larger plugs easier. Sounds like you are coming up with a nice line of stuff Rock Hopper :btu:
Are these available for sale at these shows or just for showing purposes?

Rock Hopper
01-07-2004, 10:37 AM
Hey Slip,

You are definitely a savvy angler...and yes square is better, offers more room all around with little waste in the inner compartment. You actually get more than 20% more space with square and we have gone square:D

The inner diameter is also critical for larger plugs and it was a major consideration, they will be 2 1/4 inches wide on the inside (which fits even the widest plug you can realistically use)...the large bag will have 10 of these tubes and small plug bag will have 3 as well as an area in the front of the bag for bucktails & tins....

As for us selling them at the shows, we do not sell direct so it is very important to get the word out to your favorite retailer to contact us so that we can make arrangements with them to stock their booths for the shows and then their stores for those who may not be able to make it to the shows.

Thanks,

Kadir

bassmaster
01-07-2004, 10:48 AM
Got to have one to Match My Skinz:)
If its as good as them skinz then its for Me...........
BTW thos skinz sved me from waves and got me out a bit more on the bars = more bass:D

Mr. Sandman
01-07-2004, 10:53 AM
Will these products be made available for the 04 season at the current aquaskinz dealers?

fishweewee
01-07-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by chris L
when ya going Ben ?

Chris, if you want you can give me your sand sled registration and I can take it down and get it for you, if you don't want to make the trip.

-Ben

Rock Hopper
01-07-2004, 11:43 AM
Mr. Sandman,

Absolutely!! We will have our inventory shortly at which point the retailers can place the orders they need with us.

BM,

No doubt it's for you...even you couldn't kill one of these bags and everyone will benefit from the ones they buy

Kadir;)

chris L
01-07-2004, 11:57 AM
I was just going to go for the ride . I wont be able to fish LI this year .

tlapinski
01-07-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Rock Hopper
..even you couldn't kill one of these bags..... i'll take that challenge! my VS bag is less than half a season old and it looks like it has gone to Irag and back! it does still hold plugs, though.

Crafty Angler
01-08-2004, 03:08 AM
Kadir -

Great lookin' plug bags - I'm real interested in seeing them. Will the SWE in Newport have them in stock? How about the Rampage top - any photos?

Any details on the eel bag, I generally use a small soft lunch cooler with a cold pack in it for my snakes -

Hey, tell Alberto that Crafty said hi, :wavey: hope he's fully recovered now from the accident, haven't seen much from him lately on the 'net.

See you guys at the RISAA Providence show -

BernOC
01-08-2004, 10:51 AM
Kadir,

Are these similar to the "older" style VS bags? If so, that's an excellent bag! Been waiting for someone to make it again, mine has taken abuse for 8 years and is still in great shape. I have the large inserts in the back with a seperate smaller row up front but need another with just 2 large rows. And squares will add much more room than the tubes.

Thanks...
Bern

Pete_G
01-08-2004, 09:04 PM
Crafty, we'll have them as soon as they are available. :D

fishweewee
01-08-2004, 09:25 PM
I got a nice package from the SWE today.

Christmas all over again. :D :happy:

Rock Hopper
01-09-2004, 12:20 AM
Chuck,

I guess I got beat to the punch by my friend Pete. And guess the answer is yes. The eel bag is not very large but is capable of holding upto 10 med. and 7-8 large eels. The bag is made with a high quality mesh used by divers. The material has body to it but is not hard or abrasive. It will have a "D" ring so that it can be attached to either a wading belt with a clip or plug bag. The bag is kept closed with a pull cinch. Unfortunateltly there are no pictures for that bag yet...

I would be happy to pass on your well wishes to Alberto and yeas, he is doing much, much better.

Bern,

The AquaSkinz bags are similar in certain aspects and different in others. We have those same bags you refer to and understand what you mean. We have taken some of those ideas and improved upon them while adding some of our own designs and touches to make what we think will be the best bag in the market place if that isn't too bold a statement to make. The inserts will not be tiered if you will. There will be two rows of identical sqaure tubes. The use of the square definitely increases space considerably in the bag and works much better for putting multiple plugs into one tube.

Looking forward to seeing you guys at the shows.

Kadir