View Full Version : part time fly guy (we are out here!)

Vision
04-11-2001, 10:24 PM
I may not be a purists when it comes to fly fishing but when the time is right for the long rod I'm there ! I love to fish and don't care how I do it ! My fly gear is allways at the ready and when the fish are in and the action is on that's when I like to throw out a clouser, popper, and slider ! Here"s a tip try using a clouser minnow as a teaser while your plugging the lead eyes are just heavy enough to jig up and down while you pop!

JohnR
04-12-2001, 09:00 AM
You can toss a teaser with a fly? I knoe you're just throwing the line, but is there any distance penalty using a teaser?

Thanks,

John

schoolie monster
04-12-2001, 01:40 PM
I think he just means using a fly as a teaser while throwing plugs on conventional gear...

Trout fisherman do sometimes tie a nymph dropper when fishing dry flies. I'm not sure what knot they use though. They may tie the dropper to the hook.

It would be tough to throw a dropper rig with a swivel, I would think almost impossible, though I have never tried it.

Vision
04-12-2001, 08:20 PM
Schoolie monster is right! I ran out of my regular teasers while plugging the canal and had to go to my fly box and grabbed a handfull of clousers to my surprise my hookups increased! As far as using them on the fly rod, I suppose if you have a 10 wgt. outfit and don't mine double hook up's it could work and be awsome!:D I'd would shorten my leader and tie the clouser off the end of the popper.

saltydog
04-13-2001, 07:20 PM
JOHN R, I have been known an see, an give some weired look using TANDEM flies at times, it excites them seeing 2 baits swimming away,"GOOD LUCK GOOD FISHIN"