View Full Version : Plum Island

weissy
06-15-2000, 11:59 AM
Anyone out there know how the fishing at Plum Island has been. Was planning on going out therre tommorrow afternoon and stay late. These southwest winds in the forcast should make great fishing conditions. I will probably be fishing the refuge because of the crowd facto, but may take a walk out to the jetty as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jonny.

JohnR
06-15-2000, 12:35 PM
Hey Weissy, welcome aboard!!! Nothing specific for Plum Island other than some decent (midnight) tides coming up as well as the wind switching sw with warmer weather for once... If the bass really have been selectively feeding as it seems, this change in weather may make them go nuts!!! Let us know how you do.... Good Luck

John

Striperbum
06-15-2000, 01:12 PM
Jonny, the fishin' @ P.I. has been exceptional. It is definately worth the effort to get out there and wet a line! Latter stages of outgoing and some incoming tides have been VERY productive. Stop in @ Surfland on the way and they will fill you in.... I'm heading out there right now myself!
Enjoy the trip!

MartyK
06-15-2000, 02:05 PM
Weissy, the fishing has been good in Maine which usually means that it is great on Plum Island. I'd also stop by and speak to Rich who owns a bait shop just as you exit Route 95 onto Route 110 in Salisbury. His shop is on the right at the first set of lights opposite a car dealer. I believe it's called Crossroads Plaza. His # is (978) 499-8999.

who cares?
06-16-2000, 07:25 PM
Hi,

I have been fishing the Mighty Merrimac in Newburyport the last few nights. We have caught about 8 fish that were around 28-29 inches. One 32 last night.