View Full Version : ASMFC Releases Herring Public Information Document

flatts1
01-06-2004, 09:19 PM
It is available at the following link...

http://www.basspond.com/articles/documents/asmfc/Atlantic%20Herring%20PID.doc

The Commission's Atlantic Herring Section approved the Public Information Document (PID) for Amendment 2 to the Interstate Fishery Management Plan (FMP) for public review and comment. Initially developed in response to increased effort in the inshore Gulf of Maine component of the stock complex, the PID has expanded to address the implementation of a limited access program for all management areas. Additionally, the PID identifies maximum sustainable yield, management area boundaries, spawning area restrictions, internal waters processing, fixed gear fisheries, as well as several other issues for public comment.

While many of the PID topics are similar to the New England Fishery Management Council's (NEFMC) scoping document for Amendment 1 to the federal FMP, the Commission is specifically seeking input on the management of Atlantic herring in state waters.

goosefish
01-11-2004, 10:54 PM
flatts--I appreciate the homework that you do. Keeping us abreast.
For me the policy of fisheries management is dry stuff--dry but important. Again thanks.

I talked to friend of mine. They're bringing in huge volume of herring and mackerel south-west of Nomans.