View Full Version : Fluke spinners

Goose
01-09-2004, 12:57 PM
Anyone know where I can find these? 1.5" x 2"

mikecc
01-09-2004, 01:31 PM
:wavey: I'll see what I can do , how many.

Goose
01-09-2004, 02:49 PM
Dozen to start would be nice. Got a color selection?

Mr. Sandman
01-09-2004, 04:29 PM
I came across a source for them just the other day while looking for something else...I will see if I can track it down.

Speaking of fluke rigs I am a looking for a source of bucktail skirts that have a small brass tube that slides over the line. I have a few but I will like to buy 100 or so and can't find them anyplace.
they look like this:

Mr. Sandman
01-09-2004, 05:02 PM
Goose, here you go.
What that is...is a "Spin-n-glo"...
I order a a bunch from this guy he is good.
http://www.terminaltackleco.com/swivels/spinnglo.asp

Mr. Sandman
01-09-2004, 05:05 PM
By the way...did you like using them? I thought they were a little cheezy but my kids liked them. I prefer the bucktail with a couple nickle french blades.

mikecc
01-09-2004, 05:48 PM
Speaking of fluke rigs I am a looking for a source of bucktail skirts that have a small brass tube that slides over the line. I have a few but I will like to buy 100 or so and can't find them anyplace.

I have ordered them and plan to have them in the shop this year in Pink , Yellow & chart colors

MakoMike
01-09-2004, 06:30 PM
Guys,
Try srmo.com, I bought both of those things from them last winter. The spin & glows come in about a dozen colors and the hair in three or four colors.

Goose
01-09-2004, 07:08 PM
I haven't tried them yet, I found that one washed up on shore. I love its size compared to the smaller ones, it trailed by some meat on a jig could be deadly.

MakoMike
01-10-2004, 08:19 AM
Goose,
The hair works, so do octopus skirts in the small sizes. I think the spin n glow works just as well, maybe better. I make up my rigs with both an octopus skirt and a spin n glow.

Fish-On
01-10-2004, 09:01 AM
Goose,
Cabels.com has a number Spin-N-Glows of various sizes and colors... jannsnetcraft.com also has a lot of stuff for building your own rigs.

fishweewee
01-10-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by MakoMike
Guys,
Try srmo.com, I bought both of those things from them last winter. The spin & glows come in about a dozen colors and the hair in three or four colors.

Mike, I still have that Saltwater Sportsman fluking article from a few years ago that features you Hans and Alberto. Tempted to scan a photo of those rigs. :hihi:

Goose
01-10-2004, 10:26 AM
Tempted to scan a photo of those rigs.

:uhuh: alrighty then

fishweewee
01-10-2004, 11:52 AM
Lemme go dig up the article...

-WW

MakoMike
01-10-2004, 01:32 PM
The rigs in the article are different than the ones I'm using these days. Things evolve ya know :laughs: These days I'm using a spin n glow in front of an octopus skirt and then a 4/0 eagle claw laser sharp octopus hook. For bait its usually smelt and squid strip, but I do tend to use lots of different baits.
Speaking of that article, I wonder whatever happened to Curt Garfield, I haven't heard from him in ages. Any of you guys know him or how to contact him?

Mr. Sandman
01-10-2004, 09:11 PM
I use a secret killer custom rig...I could tell you what it look likes but then I would have to kill you. :D

Notaro
01-10-2004, 10:16 PM
I don't use those stuffs. I just don't bother it unless you can convince me to use it because it works.

FWW, the article you just mentioned. Are those rigs made by ThomCat? Maybe I'm wrong.

macojoe
01-11-2004, 03:33 AM
To complacated of a rig!! Keep it simple!! That is the best way for me.
Unless you have a real slow area? And need to tease the heck out of them to get them to hit?
A fish finder, sinker, swivel, hook,& bait. Thats it. For some bigger Fluke try a nice 4 oz Bucktail jig.
For monster Fluke live scup works good to!
If slow I like to use bucktail tied right to the hook, tiped with a piece of squid, or fluke belly.

Raven
01-11-2004, 12:23 PM
Mako ! you're such a wonderful photographer then you can let us read several thousand words....:D ps that goes to everyone as well :)