View Full Version : Time For Ice Fishing!

BigFish
01-13-2004, 10:53 AM
It is not exactly something that I "Love" doing, however I need to catch fish! So towards that end, later this week, Friday, I will be heading out with my ice fishing gear and yankin' some finned friends through the ice. I got some nice thermal coveralls, and all necessary items to keep me warm as it will be about 5 degrees max on Friday. Anyone else thinking about, or have you been out ice fishing? Having any luck? Pictures?:kewl:

missing link
01-13-2004, 11:10 AM
:topic: :D i just almost shot a squirrl running arcoss the ice behind my house... yeah i'm board.. no school for me today

....Jr Link

The Dad Fisherman
01-13-2004, 11:20 AM
I'm thinking about heading up north and doing a little smelting....i have a few buds going up there this weekend so I should get a report on how they did. I'd go but I don't have monday off like they do

Moses
01-13-2004, 11:54 AM
Went ice fishing sunday at a lake near me. Brought my four year old for the first time and he had a blast. Caught a couple of nice bass and one pickerel. Probably head back this weekend.

Canalratt1
01-13-2004, 01:57 PM
Bigfish I fished Whitmans saturday morning, yah it was cold! We got a perch, two pics and a bass. Heading for pike on the Cape this saturday!

Flaptail
01-13-2004, 02:00 PM
I love to ice fish and the water is stiff down this way. Will be heading out Saturday to the Brewster area for trout. Should have 6 to 8 inches of rock hard black ice by then.

BigFish
01-13-2004, 03:27 PM
Moses...where in Bridgewater were you fishing? I used to live in Bridgewater! I think I might be headed to either Little Pond in Plymouth, Sunset Lake in Braintree, or Ames Nowell in Abington. Lots of trout in Little, lots of nice bass in Ames and lots of everything in Sunset Lake, trout, bass, pickeral! Non-stop action at Sunset Lake! It is a very surprising spot!:drool:

Canalratt1
01-13-2004, 04:18 PM
Sunset...;)

Moses
01-13-2004, 08:24 PM
Fished "The Nip" sunday (Lake Nippenicket) and also fish Carver's Pond, down by Bridgewater State College. I've taken large bass from both in warm and cold weather.

Canalratt1
01-14-2004, 05:28 PM
My buddy hit the "Nip" sunday got a couple, its usually good there first ice. I like Winnicunett at times but it shuts off.

BobT
01-14-2004, 08:15 PM
No way am I going out in 0 degree weather !!! I'll just sit in from of a nice fire and read about fishing. :(

rocketman
01-14-2004, 08:29 PM
I was out Sunday and will find a way to fish at least one day this 3 day weekend. (MLK day)

BigFish
01-14-2004, 08:54 PM
Too cold for me to ice fish on Friday! No insulated boots and I ain't gonna buy insulated boots it would be a waste of money for me considering I only go ice fishing 2 or 3 times a season, and that is if we have ice! I have three cold temperature zones.....first there is "hey, its not too bad out" then there is "whew, it is getting a little nippy out" and then there is "Holy cheese and crackers its cold!". The last of which usually happens at or below 15 degrees. So there is no way I am going ice fishing on Friday considering it is supposed to be the coldest day in almost 50 years.:hidin: Gonna stay in, nice and warm and put new hooks on my plugs.:kewl: Maybe daydream a little!

Raider Ronnie
01-14-2004, 10:56 PM
The only thing good about this F------ deep freeze, is the the price paid for cod per lb. should but up next time I can get out to fish, seeing no boats can get out to fish! Ron

scarecrow
01-14-2004, 11:09 PM
HATE IT.
Two of my dads freinds dragged me out there with them.
Because I always brag about fishing for stripers and wanted to see if I could beat them at their own game.

Well I did, as a matter of fact I kicked their asses.

I got 2 largemouth and 3 pickerel

They both total got 3 fish.
ALL WUSSY TROUT

AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

Slingah
01-14-2004, 11:18 PM
WHEW!!!
I thought I was gonna hear it from U BigFish for not wanting to go on Friday. We would f*&#% DIE out there.
If you had a hut on the other hand it might be kind of fun!!! NOT:wall:

Canalratt1
01-17-2004, 09:35 PM
First full day on the ice. Slow day a few pics up to 2.5 lbs. There was about 50 guys out saw one 13 lb. pike caught. GB you know where! Oh had a fox come by us about 6 times as close as 20 feet and saw an otter too.

Christian
01-17-2004, 09:39 PM
ive been going regularly after school during the week to a little sunny and bass pond. a few small ones each time.

Notaro
01-18-2004, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by BigFish
on my plugs.:kewl: Maybe daydream a little!
Definitely, I have been daydreaming about fishing. I even play with my poppers in the basement with my ten foot lami. I was testing my plugs' weight to see which can be used on my rod for certain applications. Damn this bloody weather:af: !