View Full Version : i cant stop thinkin about this

Raven
01-13-2004, 09:12 PM
prozac found in fish along with many other prescription drugs.
there has to be another way. for further reading click this link
http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/science/11/14/coolsc.frogs.fish/index.html

fishweewee
01-13-2004, 09:13 PM
Mental note to self - rinse waders off extra good next time out. :yak:

Nebe
01-13-2004, 09:15 PM
I thought that last bass looked happy when i caught it!

seriously, this is a tragedy. Probably from crappy leachfields leaking into streams///

Raven
01-14-2004, 04:24 AM
they are saying that the water treatment plants cannot filter out all these medications with the current filtration methods used.

Bawana
01-14-2004, 12:09 PM
Are the ones on prozac less aggressive??--I would think the parts per million coming from a septic or sewer would be so low that it wouldnt even show.This is after it is supposed to have been injeted by humans and broken down and then diluted further by the ocean?? Might effect a cannibal if he ate the person while it was still in thier system but?? Sounds like the beginning of a urban legend.the way i understod the thing about mercury was it traveling up the food chain through direct injestion by the creatures at the bottom and the fact that mercury doesnt break down and it builds up in the injesties systemand get passed on up the food chain.I didnt think that drugs allowed by the FDA did that.Was this another study funded by the government.I practice 90% catch and release.but everybodys going to die of something it might as well be while mellow and fishing