View Full Version : Let's Do Weekend Plans Early This Week.....

STEVE IN MASS
05-24-2001, 11:53 AM
Especially since it is a long holiday weekend. 8-) Am thinking of going to the east end of the canal early Sunday morning say 0400. Anyone game? Also, anyone know if you can get into the Scusset parking lot that early and do they charge at that time of the morning?

Fishpart
05-24-2001, 12:31 PM
You shouldn't have any trouble getting into the Scussett parking lot it is always open.

I plan to put down some sod, mow if it stops raining and hopefully hit the surf someplace in RI.

JohnR
05-24-2001, 01:03 PM
Steve - should be no problem with the lot at night. Plenty of open spaces - just keep car well locked up...

Fishpart - got yer e-mail but not sure what's happening yet...

Don't know what all's happenin' but mow some lawn & yard work, burn some flesh on the grille and chase some large bass - I'm jonesing now and really need to play in the sand and suds....

Saltheart
05-24-2001, 03:13 PM
Plan as of now is to do our first night time assault on the canal fish on Friday. By this time last year we were catching plenty including a pretty decent early season fish. However , we are keeping the possibility of one more shot with live herring.
I have had to put my own new schoolie rod aside to build some for friends I had promised by Mid May. Last coat goes on tonight for the last of those rods so I would like to finish my own rod next. Hoping to do that Sat night.
I still don't have my boat bottom painted so maybe do that sat day or Sunday. I guess we might barbecue Monday. Yard is just about out of control at this point so somehow I have to get a few hours in out there too.

On second thought , maybe I'll just bag it all and go fishing all weekend! :)

Dad of Squid Kid
05-24-2001, 09:01 PM
Well,,,since it's my birthday weekend,I am going to try slinging eels at the Canal one very early morning...Hoping to catch one that equals my age...lol...(45)...And maybe mow the lawn... :)....NO PAIN!!!!!!!!!!

STEVE IN MASS
05-25-2001, 05:15 AM
Good luck with the lawns, guys, its supposed to be damp all weekend. Hey, now you can blow it off and go fishing! ;) I gotta get the tomatoes and peppers in, and it looks like I'm gonna get wet doing that! Don't mind being wet when I'm reeling in fish, but damp, muddy garden work ain't too much fun. But you gotta do what ya gotta do......

JohnR
05-25-2001, 08:21 AM
Happy birthday Mike!!

Saltheart
05-25-2001, 08:26 AM
Have great weekend Birthday Boy! :)

Fisherwoman
05-25-2001, 02:24 PM
Happy B-day DOSK, hope you get that fish buddy, have a good one!!!