View Full Version : No School????

fishaholic18
01-15-2004, 08:45 PM
They cancelled just about every school for tommorow here in Rhody. My kids are happy. I've never heard of cancelling school due to cold weather.:confused:

Clammer
01-15-2004, 09:08 PM
Whimp/// s===========now I gotta hustle to get more help in my daycare for all the kids ///that moved royally screwed a bunch of parents//////////:smash:

Katie
01-15-2004, 09:37 PM
Yay! no school for me!! :D Westport is always the last one to cancel.. About 3 or 4 hours ago every school had canceled and closed and the macomber school (grades pre k to kindergarten)elementry, had canceled except for the except for the middle and high school we only had a 90 minute delay.. But around 6 they finally called it. :D

missing link
01-15-2004, 09:45 PM
no school for me :) even tho i dont take the bus (drive to school) i will still freez in my car berrrrrrr... and all the deisel buses wont start in -45

Jr Link :eek: :D

Bassman18
01-15-2004, 09:59 PM
it's -1 degrees in boston, BU's still open and I gotta walk twenty minutes to class every morning, and it's still open. Come to think of it, it was open during the snowstorm in december...they must not care about us...:wall: :wall:

Goose
01-16-2004, 10:44 AM
Stupid move I think. Slightly up north kids go to school in much worst conditions then this. Cold not ice. I think all kids should own warm clothes by now:rolleyes:

Jimbo
01-16-2004, 10:59 AM
Just a delayed opening here, but I had to take the neighborhood kids to the bus stop this morning. On the way I, for some unknown reason, said, "Kids, today is not the day to test the theory about putting your tongue on the flagpole. We got to the busstop and this one 6 year old runs over and puts his tongue on the streetlight pole and starts screaming like he's stuck to it. Had me convinced, and I was about to pour my hot coffee on it and wondering what I was going to tell his parents when he looked up, smiled and said, "Got cha Mister B." He wasn't stuck at all. Frikkin' kids! Got me at my own game.

CAL
01-16-2004, 11:59 AM
With the wind chill at -25, they don't want the kids to get frostbite walking to school. Only takes a little while to get it at these temps on exposed skin. Better to be safe than sorry.

InshoreAngler
01-16-2004, 12:15 PM
YES!!!!
cancelled school here in Warwick, RI.
spent the day searching the boards.:D

chris L
01-16-2004, 12:24 PM
I have school ! we never close !

fishsmith
01-16-2004, 12:39 PM
No School = Nice Commute... enjoy those makeup days in June/July :D

Notaro
01-17-2004, 02:32 AM
Call me out-of-dated, uneducated, or ignorgant, but what is the big deal with the "exposed cold skin"? Aren't we supposed to hone our kids to withstand the cold weather and their commonsense of wearing layered up gears like a drill sarge in the "Full Metal Jacket"?

Basssman18, you are living on the campus! If you were at Gallaudet, a two icnhes of snows automacially closes the school. As for the wind, they might cancel the school because a half or a quater of students live in Virginia or in Maryland drive to their classes.

Bassman18
01-17-2004, 09:55 AM
Notaro, I do live on campus, but class is about 20 minutes away. Try walking down there with strong winds in your face. I swear that my hair freezes every morning on the way to and from class. Thank God the temperature's rising.

Jenn
01-17-2004, 10:06 AM
Stupid move I think. Slightly up north kids go to school in much worst conditions then this. Cold not ice. I think all kids should own warm clothes by now

goose I agree with you however there are a lot of stupid people out there that would rush their kids off to school without proper clothing.....10 minutes at the bus stop and they have frost bite.

But I am not going to fall for the bus not starting theory....they will start if proper precautions are taken