View Full Version : Snowstorm Blitz

goosefish
01-15-2004, 11:58 PM
I just got back from the talk snowstorm blitz. DZ gave the talk and is writing a book on the memorable event. Thanks DZ. Fine job!
About the talk all I can really remember is wholly cow! what an amazing series of back to back nights of phenomenal bass fishing. Where dozens and dozens of forty pound fish were taken, a sixty, and I forget how many fifties. If I recall right, DZ got a 58.8 pounder and released four other fifty-plus pound bass. Everyone who made it to the island (Block Island) in November of 1986, northeast gale raging, five inches of snow on the ground, caught fish, big fish; and most the slammers were taken on the south side with plugs, in big surf.
Leaving the talk left me with a slight jones to go out and wet a line--as all these events are apt to do.
Again DZ thanks for making a frosty night enjoyable. :)

Block Island trip this november anyone?

Nebe
01-16-2004, 12:03 AM
Agian.. I think I'm in the wrong club:rolleyes:
DZ- your talk was great and I can't wait to see that stuff in print.
Also nice to meet RIRockhound and Joe Lyons...
John R thanks for the aquaskinz!
whoever made that seafood chowder should get a pat on the back it was tastey!

rizzo
01-16-2004, 10:18 AM
5 bass over 50 pounds....:eek: I think I'm in the wrong club too, the two hour drive would have really been worth it this time.

rhody
01-16-2004, 10:57 AM
DZ Congratulations on a great presentation. Made it feel like you were there. A great story. You should take it on the road!

goosefish
01-16-2004, 11:07 AM
I hope I got my facts right DZ. I think you said you nailed five big girls, if not then the exageration is mine.

DZ
01-16-2004, 11:31 AM
Goose,
A little exageration on your part but after two 50s who's counting? I had a great time relating those experiences to a very attentive audience - when I paused to sip some water you could hear a pin drop. I figuered either everyone was asleep or they were all getting ready to set the hook. Lots of kind words from you all makes me think that maybe I will present it again in the future. As much fun as it was to present the show I think the read is much more enjoyable. Thanks again to all who braved the weather to show up

Iwannakeeper
01-16-2004, 02:31 PM
Ok....stupid question.

I didn't hear about this presentation. How do you get an invite to this kinda thing?

-IWK

milo
01-16-2004, 07:42 PM
Excellet job Dennis.....good crowd and cheap beers:D ,...nice to see some old faces:laughs: and some new ones......didnt meet everyone but who was that guy that was 7 ft tall,I think this guy tops you Flap;) ,that guy could cross over to the Block if he finds the BAR...again excel job DZ and that chowda was sumtin else

Crafty Angler
01-16-2004, 08:09 PM
Milo - The big guy you're talkin' about was - of course - Big Ed.

I think Ed's S-B handle is Ed B.