View Full Version : TV Show Called "Striper Fishing USA"

BigFish
01-17-2004, 10:27 AM
Watched a show I have never seen before on the Outdoor Channel at 9:00 am this morning........Boring with a capital "B"! Anyone else see it? It was a striper catching tournament on a lake in Virginia sponsored by the National Striped Bass Association. Just a bunch of good ol' boys, two man teams, fishing from boats with about eight rods in the water, and flippin' out everytime they got a hit. The biggest fish I saw taken was 14.70 pounds and the way these guys were screaming when they hooked up, you would swear they had at least a 30 pound fish on! One guy, and I quote..."Whoa....ja see dat...dat fish bout' pooled me out' da bowt'.....Gawd awl mighty...dat fish bowt' pooled me out da bowt'.....shewt....das a nyce feeesh!". The fish weighed all of about 14 pounds......I don't know, its just not like catching them from the ocean I guess......just looked too much like a largemouth tournament. I could have won that tournament fishing from the beach for crying out loud. As hard as it was watching these good ole' boys "wrastle" with these "nice feeesh", it was more difficult just listening to them talk! Just one guys opinion.....give me the ocean, the salt and the sand....and a big ole':laugha: sea run striper any day of the week! You can keep those fresh water striped bass thank you very much! Anyone else see this show?:huh:

beachwalker
01-17-2004, 10:31 AM
Missed it but the "Walkers Cay Chronicles" was great. Fishing for Snook and Bones in the glades.

That guy is great. Modest, etc.

But my man Charlie is still the King ! (of wankers, that is... :rolleyes: )

There's another one for ya BF :D

BigFish
01-17-2004, 10:35 AM
Beachwalker....you are not looking for a Vice President of your chapter of the Charlie Moore Fan Club are you???:laugha:

(He said Wanker again):hihi:

beachwalker
01-17-2004, 10:41 AM
Well BF, I think all of us are members and we should probably have an election.

I started the club and took over duties as it's president, etc.

I am most certainly not qualified for the job

that is unless I start wanking and tossing up to Charlies abilities then I might have a chance come election time.

It is qualified people we need. That's what Charlie said. I am just a pee on from the beach who doesn't know jack about fishing.

Just a jerk on one end of the line waiting for a jerk on the other.

(at least that's what Charlie taught me on NESN.

Joe
01-17-2004, 10:57 AM
I think the Walkers Cay Chronicles is very well done.

CAL
01-17-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by beachwalker

I am just a pee on from the beach who doesn't know jack about fishing.

That makes you the perfect president for the Charlie Moore fan club :laughs:

BigFish
01-17-2004, 11:42 AM
When are they gonna pay some respect to the guys who fish from the beach/rocks/shore! How about somebody waking up and realizing that a Surfcasting show might be a great idea? Joe Lyons....any idea?:kewl:

beachwalker
01-17-2004, 02:20 PM
BF,

we want to keep that quiet. It is the antithesis of respect. Pay no attention. That is the respect I yearn for.

Leave me the f%$k alone. Don't ruin our fishing spots with sensationalism and all that jazz.

Though I would love to Charlie out Shark fishing down south. CHum from dusk on. Maybe entice Charlie to go for a dip telling him it is good luck as long as you swim only 2 hours after you chum and not 3 hours.

He'd fall for it.

;)

Especially if I told him all the "wicked cool people" I know have done it and he wouldn't measure up unless he did.

BigFish
01-17-2004, 02:54 PM
Film it down around Montauk or Jersey....get everyone to stay away from the New England area!:laugha: :hidin:

UserRemoved1
01-17-2004, 03:01 PM
WHAT exactly is a WANKER? :huh:

nightfighter
01-17-2004, 03:11 PM
I saw that show BF. Got all excited when I saw the title in the Comcast sports menu and then....nothing even close to what we are all talking about here. It was like another country.:smash:

However, I saw Spanish Fly do a great show on striper fishing the rips of Nantucket with Capt. Jason Mzlecko, son of the original Capn Mzlecko and sister of my former sales assistant, women's hockey gold medalist A J Mzlecko. (could be misspelled)

Funny, I was thinking about how I never see a show on surfcasting too. I say we put BM up to the task. Let him pick a translator:D Get Fisheye to line up the filming production. Throw in Tattoo and Habs for more color, and JohnR for the S-B promo. Whaddya think???

beachwalker
01-17-2004, 03:42 PM
Tom Mleczko is a great fella and the Spanish Fly show with Jason at the helm was a classic.

Have any of you folks ever sean a blitz out on the rips ? A site to behold and a greater one to fish !

Wanker = Tosser.

Tosser = someone who waxes the dolphin

:laughs: :laughs:

Joe
01-17-2004, 03:55 PM
If I thought it was viable I’d be on it already.
At its current level of popularity, surfcasting does not generate the necessary advertising revenue to float a TV show. That’s why Saltwater Sportsman has not run a surf article in 15 years: no money in our audience.
I did have a producer from the ABC reality show Switching Places contact me about doing a surfcasting segment, but I had to honest with him – it was December, no fish around.
:smash: :smash: :smash:

tlapinski
01-17-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by beachwalker
Missed it but the "Walkers Cay Chronicles" was great. Fishing for Snook and Bones in the glades.

That guy is great. Modest, etc. i HATE hat show!!! is he a poet, or a guide? i can't stand the way he tells a story. he comes across like he feels he is better than the viewers. i don't think there is a fishing show out there that is worth watching. i have not truly enjoyed a fishing show since i was younger and would watch "The Fishing Hole" every week. the true sign of the state of todays fishing shows was exemplified when the Al Gag and Roland Martin cape cod experience aired. it just can't get any worse than that!

BigFish
01-17-2004, 04:36 PM
T-Lap....you took the words right out of my mouth!:uhuh:

Joe- I know what your saying but you gotta have the shows first in order to line up the sponsorship and bring in the dough $$$! It is kind of like telling someone you can't hire them because they do not have any experience and then you wonder how the heck you gonna get the experience because nobody will hire them and give them a chance....too bad, I believe there would be such a market if someone tried it. You see a wanker like Charlie Moore with a show and I think thats pretty silly...I think it takes a hell of a lot more doing to hook large stripers from the beach than to drag spinner baits across lilly pads and yank up "Larry's" or "Sallies"!

Nightfighter-You are a brilliant and profound person....how did you like the country-bumpkins howlin' over those "just barely" keepers?

#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&-According to Websters Dictionary For Fisherman, of which I own the only known copy, the definition for "Wanker" says "see Charlie Moore on NESN"!:laugha: :hihi:

BigFish
01-17-2004, 04:39 PM
T-Lap...that was a pretty silly show when you think about it....Roland Martin comes all the way to Cape Cod to catch what.....4 pound bluefish and a couple schoolies????:smash:

quick decision
01-17-2004, 05:21 PM
There is no fish around here, no need for a tv show. Really, no need to fish around here. No fish. Global warming or something. Nothing. Please, try somewhere else. Shoo!Scat, get out here.

tlapinski
01-17-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by BigFish
T-Lap....you took the words right out of my mouth!:uhuh:
was this cold snap a sign of hell freezing over....... :laughs:

Squid kids Dad
01-17-2004, 07:33 PM
TL,If it is the Red Sox are gonna win the world series this year

Gloucester2
01-17-2004, 08:20 PM
Toby - two words Melissa Fischer - do a search :p

Wiperboy
01-17-2004, 11:37 PM
Big fish,

I completely agree about fishing from the sand. I really miss it but I have adapted my angling ways by wading for stripers throughout the midwest using light tackle and homemade bucktails that I also sell called "Wave Brakers." I'm with you. I want to do a segment just as you mentioned, from the sand man. Please give me your vote!!! See my post.

wiperboy:happy: :happy:

beachwalker
01-18-2004, 10:36 AM
Mr. lapinski,

Flip Pallot is a great fisherman AND story teller. HE is fishing, not you. HE is there, not you.

I have a bug up my ass for Mr. Moore but I don't HATE him.

He is a wanker, eriod. Anyone with that southie effort at humor is a wanker IMO.

If Flip Pallot was completely unskilled (like CM) and was a jackass then I would probably have a lot of dislike for him. The guy is skilled and he goes to some cool places.

Doesn't sit on a power boat jigging for friggin flounder having a schoolyard contest with his sister.

Am elder whom I respect told me that "obsering a persons reaction to things will tell you a tremendous amount about the character and education/lack of"

Thanks boss :)

Swimmer
01-19-2004, 05:34 PM
Your description was very funny. :D

BigFish
01-19-2004, 05:41 PM
Hi Swimmer...how you doing? Go Pats!:kewl:

BigFish
01-19-2004, 05:43 PM
Oh..I forgot, Swimmer did you get your MSBA banquet tickets yet? Hope to see you there Feb. 28th. Squid Kids Dad too!:uhuh:

Raider Ronnie
01-19-2004, 08:58 PM
Big Fish,
I've never seen the "Outdoor Chanel"
I don't think my cable company offers it, is it on cable or do you have a dish? Ron