View Full Version : plug wood

missing link
01-19-2004, 06:55 PM
Where do u get yer wood? I've been looking around here but i cant find any AYC, and i'm sick of making plugs out of wooden poles and would like to be able to make larger plugs.. Thanks

Jr Link :D

MAC
01-19-2004, 07:14 PM
Attleboro- Rehoboth Lumber (??) right on attleboro line

missing link
01-19-2004, 07:15 PM
:kewl: got a pm to say to go there also

PNG
01-19-2004, 07:32 PM
Jr. Link how you painting the plugs?

Why do I ask you ask - I have a couple airbrushes I am looking to give to an aspiring plug artist....

They are collecting dust and would like to see them employed.

Attleboro/Rehobeth Builders supply is the place for AYC call ahead.

Chris

missing link
01-19-2004, 07:37 PM
i dont have any source of paint yet. never even painted a plug in my life, was thinking of just getting spray cans. i would love to have an air brush.

Jr Link

PNG
01-19-2004, 07:50 PM
Its yours. I'll leave it at Mikes.

Raven
01-19-2004, 07:55 PM
actually its all around you but in a different form ...namely
bed parts.....being thrown away,,,, sometimes made out of cherry.
try and buy some cherry wood at a lumber yard->big bucks.
pick up a free back board (head board) and there are three to six already turned plugs as part of the decorative style. You just need to use your imagination a bit more is all.... :D

missing link
01-19-2004, 08:00 PM
Raven, dads allrdy made a plug out of a baseball bat.. and i use anything that i can find just wanted to find some real stuff.:laughs:

Jr Link

Pasngas check ya PM's

Raven
01-19-2004, 08:25 PM
making a plug out of a base ball bat eh? Gee i hope he gets a strike with it..... heh heh heh?:laugha: :hidin:

missing link
01-19-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Raven
making a plug out of a base ball bat eh? Gee i hope he gets a strike with it..... heh heh heh?:laugha: :hidin:

:laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

Backbeach Jake
01-19-2004, 09:36 PM
Ball bats are usually made of ash. THE ORIGINAL Gibbs ( Hi Flaptail) if really made from a hoe or mop handle is probably ash too. Ash was the go to wood for riller handles in small wooden sail boats in the olden days because of its strength and flexibility. In rough water your ribs would break before the tiller would. It's grain is often mistaken for oak.

missing link
01-22-2004, 05:23 PM
anyone have # for Attleboro/Rehobeth Builders supply ??

Thanks