View Full Version : Marlborough Show

Swimmer
01-19-2004, 08:37 PM
Anyone go to the show? Thats probably a foolish question. I went Saturday and ran into a few friends from the East Bridgewater area. The place really filled up quick in the morning around 10:30. Saltwaters Edge has a nice booth. I forgot to go back and buy some really nice bucktail they had for sale. I must say the bucktail they had was the highest quality I have ever seen. They had three diiferents hues of orange that I want. I'll just have to drive over there some day. Never been yet. Its always a thrill to walk into a new shop, at least one that is new to you. I wonder when they draw the winner of the Ford Explorer. It would look real good in my driveway next to the ranger. I bought two new intermediate wonderlines for $40.00 a piece, saving $29.00 on that purchase, and a few other things. Fly Fisherman mag was there and a subscription renewal for three years cost $49.00 there. In the mail or the renewal letters the mag sends you the best deal I came across was $40.00 for two years. Plus they gave me a nice set of two large pocket knives and a calender all for $49.00. Never will renew anywhere but there for now on. Made a big mistake though, forgot the camera. There were many flies being tied by the 15 to 18 tiers on hand that I would have like to have pictures of. I will never remember all the ideas I had by seeing those flys being tied. You know the age and remembering thing can suck. Does anyone know where I can buy the thin flashy material many of the saltwater tiers are using, or whats its called? Any help on finding out what the material is called would be greatly appreciated. Good night.

denis
01-20-2004, 12:28 AM
Yes Saltwater Edges extra select bucktails are the best around and they have great colors.

Don't know what material you are looking for,there is a lot of new stuff and some of the old stuff has changed name.

If you want to see a couple of good tyers Bob Popovics/Lou Tabory will be at a local shop Feb 25,pm me for the name of the shop don't want to post it.

saltydog
01-20-2004, 01:30 AM
Swimmer,
the material your looking for is ANGEL HAIR , MARIGE, SECERT STUFF, it will come under different names from different supplyers, but it's all the same, it's a by-product of dacron. you should be able to find it in all shops.
GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN:D

Raven
01-20-2004, 07:43 AM
check out the natick outdoor store for a large selection.

Swimmer
01-20-2004, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the replies. There were some very nice small profile flies being tied at the show with this material.

steelhead
01-23-2004, 10:12 AM
I went to the show on Friday and tied at ken Abrames booth. Had a great time and met some great people, including a few people from this site. Went back saturday and just hung out. Bought some super long Flash from Joe Cordiero called Monster Flash and some great Gudebrod mylar braid in diffeent colors. Almost bought a 10 bamboo salmon/steelhead rod.... Maybe next year....

BTW: Saltwater Edge is going to be hosting a fly tying festival in Newport on Feb. 21. I went last year and met some great folks. There are always some really good tyiers there.

saltydog
01-24-2004, 12:42 AM
steelhead, if i can make it ill be there.
good luck good tyin :cool:

steelhead
01-24-2004, 08:51 AM
Saltydog, I would enjoy meeting you and talking fishin". Hope you can make it.