View Full Version : 39 Going On 93!

BigFish
01-21-2004, 10:12 AM
Went to see the band "3 Doors Down" at the Orpheum last night, it was actually my girlfriend that wanted to go so I got her tickets for Christmas. I am not really up on some of these newer bands but I was familiar with some of their songs. Anyway, we get there and the first two bands absolutely blow....speed metal, head bangin' bull#^&#^&#^&#^&e, could not decipher any of the instruments one from the other, or understand what they were singing. The "younguns" seemed to enjoy it and I just sat there feeling like I was about 93 years old and wondering when the hell this night would end.......then 3 Doors Down came on and I gotta tell you they were great! They just blew me away! Great musical talent, very gifted each of the members with their instruments, the sound and lights were fantastic. The band was a first rate, class act! None of that "F" this and "F" that, every other word a curse adjective you know what I mean? I did not hear one slanted word come out of their mouths. The drummer did a solo on his set the likes of which I have never seen...this guy was truely amazing! The band had the crowd cradled in the palm of their hand from start to finish. I highly recommend this band to anyone, even my kids love them which I am happy about. Did anybody else see them last night? Needless to say, once 3 Doors Down came on....I did not feel 93 anymore!:kewl: :kewl: :kewl: :kewl: :kewl: Five thumbs up!

Rappin Mikey
01-21-2004, 11:08 AM
Neil Young tickets just went on sale for the Mullins Center Amherst! He's with Crazy Horse!!!!:happy:

Jimbo
01-21-2004, 12:43 PM
I'm 93, too. Does anyone know if Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen have any plans for a concert tour in this area?

Slingah
01-21-2004, 05:04 PM
RM is he still doing the Greendale thing, or oldies? I saw him this summer and was disappointed. He was with Crazy Horse for that.

Glad u 2 had a good time BF
U should see if they have a fan club/web-site/message board:laughs:

Katie
01-21-2004, 05:58 PM
I am a big fan of 3 doors down.. (i'm a music freak:D ) if you were to let me listen to all the songs they have released i'd know them by heart,but BF do you know who the opening bands were??

BigFish
01-21-2004, 06:00 PM
I could not even understand what they were playing let alone understand what they were saying......Shine....something and something that begins with a T? Soory best I can do!:huh:

CAL
01-21-2004, 07:23 PM
Tantric was one of em

BigFish
01-21-2004, 08:40 PM
Thanks CAL, that was one of them!:kewl:

Squid kids Dad
01-21-2004, 10:28 PM
Bigfish...Myson was there last night..He won tickets from some radio show...He loved 3 doors down...Its his favorite band..he had a great time,,Why not he went for free

Rappin Mikey
01-22-2004, 11:10 AM
Slingblade- He is still doing the Greendale, but I've heard that he is throwing 8 classics into the set.

TheRattBoy
01-22-2004, 04:40 PM
Larry, You've got to accept the fact that you have now entered the "vh1 years" of your life...:smash: ;) :D johnny "tRB"

BigFish
01-22-2004, 08:35 PM
Already accepted that JTRB! Life is as good as its ever been and I am looking forward to better this coming fishing season!:kewl:

fishingchic101
01-22-2004, 09:22 PM
3 doors down is awsome i love the song here without you

"I'm here without you baby but your still on my lonely mind
I think about you baby and I dream about you all the time
I’m here without you baby but your still with me in my dreams
And tonight it’s only you and me"

thats a great song. i also like nirvana phish ouddle of mudd system of a down a few songs by korn. i love oldies like bob segar(hes so great).

BigFish
01-22-2004, 09:33 PM
Fishingchic101......:kewl:

Jenn
01-23-2004, 01:40 PM
i love oldies like bob segar(hes so great).

I cant say I have a paticular type of music I listen to all the time......but I could definately listen to bob segar all day long;)