View Full Version : Which knot?

fishaholic18
01-24-2004, 07:42 AM
Which knot do you like when tying Fireline to mono backing? Albright,uni-uni,blood, or whatever else.

beachwalker
01-24-2004, 08:00 AM
double nail, double-uni, albright.

I used the uni and the albright this year. no problems with the mono/fire except it is so light it can be hard keeping things organized when drawing it in.

Still don't fully have a handle on it.

someone will have a better one :)

goosefish
01-24-2004, 09:04 AM
I double the braid using an eight wrap surgeons loop. This is a very easy knot, nothing more than an over-hand knot with the tail part going through the loop six or eight times. I like the double line to be about eight inches long. Then I tie an albright. This is a great knot to know, but does take a little "feel." The key lies in how the knot is sinched down. I do about twelve turns of the braid around the mono. I use it to attached my briad to my mono leaders as well. Uni to uni is good too and easier to learn, but I think a bit more bulky. A cold wet night, when the fish are on the feed--go with the uni.
But the albright is well worth learning. My favorite line to line connection.

mikecc
01-24-2004, 09:08 AM
Uni with Zap a Gap

goosefish
01-24-2004, 11:32 AM
Good point Mike. I also put a coat on my line to line connections--especially on my shock leader, which has to be reeled through the guides.

fishaholic18
01-24-2004, 11:39 AM
Zap a Gap?????????:confused:

goosefish
01-24-2004, 11:46 AM
Its a very quick drying glue. I've also used crazy glue, and--if I have the time to wait--rubber cement.

Mike might carry zap-a-gap?

Rappin Mikey
01-24-2004, 12:06 PM
Blood w/super glue. Something weird happened to me one night in mid November when it was real cold. The line started spinning on my spool like I had no backing?? I switched up and threw the reel bax in me car. The next day it was working like a charm. I figured it was the cold, but I'm stupid.