View Full Version : Team ledge lizard - C/R tourney ?

Slipknot
05-29-2001, 09:46 AM
BillB and Ragfly, are you guys busy catchin'? I was wondering if you will grace us with your presence on June 9th for the 1st leg of the Striped-bass.com catch n' release tourney? How's things?

JohnR
05-29-2001, 12:07 PM
I know I'd like to see the Twin Towers of Power come down form their ledges for a day... I wonder if they can navigate this far from the north pole....

Chunker of Death
05-29-2001, 09:25 PM
Hey guys, howtz it going? Well, Ragfly and I haven't exactly been numbing them. I think were pushing the season a wee bit. I did get into a smoking good mack/stripe blitz on Sat morning. Both were chowing down hard on small (1.5"long) finger herring. It was a humbling experience as the fish(even the macks!) would not touch anything but an exact match. I did manage to hook up on eight macks by cutting back a white marabou deceiever. Couldn't get the stripers(which were boiling at my feet!)to go for anything. I've since tied up some very small clousers with big eyes. Tht was the other catch. The macks would hit the bait right at the surface but the stripers would only take if you got the hairy hooks down in the water column. The deceiver had no weight,I had no split shot, and my 225 grain line wouldn't take the fly down far enough due to the current. Anyway, concerning the ditch fling thing......I'm not sure if we can swing it at this time. A couple of things going on that I'd have to work out to make it happen.#1:I had planned on having a Ditch Edition Death Staff by now. Haven't bought one. I suppose my 10'spinning death staff would get me through so that's not a real biggy. #2 could be.....Ragfly and I were planning on crashing at my Mom-N-Laws place in Plymouth but she has recently taken ill so I don't want to impose on her. I reckon I can get on the horn this week and try to line up some lodging. Also better find an industrial size drum of pain cream for Ragfly. His tennis elbow is really bothering him. So much that I'm not even gonna drag him out this week to fish, even if there is a blitz going on. Well, maybe if there's a blitz.......

JohnR
05-30-2001, 08:35 AM
COD & Ragfly - I hope you guys can make it but if not, we still have 3 legs to go after this one. More importantly, we all hope your mom feels better soon.

later...

Saltheart
05-30-2001, 08:50 AM
The area for fishing is from Westport to Chatham to north of Plymouth so you don't have to fish the ditch all the time or even at all if you don't want. There are beaches and more tame inlets around. Hope to see the Mainiacs come down for the weekend.