View Full Version : Triumph boats?????

fishaholic18
01-27-2004, 02:20 AM
What do you guys know about these?http://www.triumphboats.com/
My father has a place in Florida which he plans on retiring to next year and he wants to get a boat. He fell in love with the Triumph at the boat show in Providence. I don't know too much about them and couldn't give my opinion. They are made of plastic and claim to be pretty much indestructible(which he needs) and they are reasonably priced. Any comments or opinions?:confused:

Bawana
01-27-2004, 11:39 AM
I have looked at them and they seem like a good idea as far as taking more abuse then glass boat.They are real dull looking but if that dont bother you.but the prop and the lower leg are still going to hit before the hull.I dont know if they make Jet drive the ones I have seen were outboards.

CustomMarineProducts
02-04-2004, 10:27 PM
I don't like the T-top. But then again I might be a little bias?? ;)

JohnR
02-04-2004, 11:40 PM
Schoolie Monster has one and likes it a lot. I was considering a 21 a little bit back but chose to go with an old classic instead.

Bob Senior
02-08-2004, 12:33 PM
like John, I looked at the 210 long and hard, but didn't go with it. I wanted a custom leaning post and t-top, which would have been hard to do in the Triumph because of the deck layout.

There's a used one at B.O.A.T.S. in Charlestown, RI, BTW.

Van
02-09-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by JohnR
Schoolie Monster has one and likes it a lot. I was considering a 21 a little bit back but chose to go with an old classic instead.

I thought his boat is a logic ????

BigBo
02-09-2004, 03:03 PM
Van, Logic = Triumph. They changed the name. I also looked at the 21 but didn't really like the deck layout because of all the different levels. They seem to be well made rugged boats though.

schoolie monster
02-11-2004, 12:16 PM
Sorry, I haven't been on the site much recently and I missed this.

Yes, Logic changed to Triumph a couple years ago. Fishaholic, I have the 17' center console and do like it alot as John said. Its pretty rough and tumble. I don't worry about it and its easy to clean out at the end of the day. I fish close to rocks alot and don't freak about bumping bottom or pullin' the boat up on the beach.

I saw an article on them before I bought one and this statement always stuck with me... "its the rental car version of boats"

The finish isn't as pretty as a Mako or Whaler, but its nice and simple to own.

The plastic construction is also lighter and its an easy boat to trailer and launch, etc. and it runs on less HP than other boats. My uncle has a 17' montauk w/ 90hp 4 stroke johnson... I have a 17' w/ 50hp honda 4 stroke... he runs around 38mph top speed... I can make 34mph.

Not sure how your dad fishes, but the boat is also good on the flats. I sight fish alot of skinny water up here and I would love to have my boat down in FL when I go.

Drawback is the size for the 17'... I fish mostly alone or with my daughter so its fine, but its crowded with 3 adults. Even with two adults 'cause the layout of the full size center console. The back cockpit area is small. They should have moved everything forward 8" and it would be ok. I also have to pick my days to get outside the harbor, but that would be true with any 17' boat. The next size up is 18.5' and very wide. It will probably be my next boat.

Any other questions, please let me know, I'd be happy to answer what I know.

Bob Senior
02-12-2004, 12:57 AM
Schoolie:

As I said in an earlier post, I looked at the 210 for a long time and ended up going with aluminum. But I really liked the dull finish (non-gloss) of the Triumphs. It seems a lot easier to clean, and you don't have to worry about it dulling like glass does--it's already dull, and there's little in the world that'll stick to it. And I really liked all the storage in the 210.

If there's another design in Roplene in the future, say in a 23 or 25, I would be very intersted when I step up from my 20.

I get a kick out of people badmouthing the Triumphs, with no wood and molded in one piece, with all the talk about fixing rotting stringers, spars and ribs and top separations in glass units.

That you are happy with your 17 Logic is good to hear.