View Full Version : ayc

crashfromamesbury
01-27-2004, 10:56 PM
christian

you find a reliable source for ayc in the notsob area??

i am just outside that area and had no luck.. can get poplar,

birch, maple, and now fir. but no ayc..

:smash: its killing me..

i got a nice piece of the fir tonight. its got my mind going..

love_2_fish
01-28-2004, 08:36 AM
Have you tried Anderson McQuaid in Cambridge?

http://www.andersonmcquaid.com/

They have a huge selection of wood, I'd be surprised if they didn't carry it. Further north you could try Highland Hardwoods in Brentwood NH.

http://www.highlandhardwoods.com/

They are another lumberyard with an exceptional array of wood available.

I won't even bother to waste time with other yards when I'm looking for something special.

love_2_fish

ferret
01-29-2004, 02:46 PM
Found a new source for AYC in NJ and they are willing to ship. The price is $.70 per foot (1 5/8" sq) before shipping and about $.95 with shipping. Tell you how the wood looks after I get it.

crashfromamesbury
01-29-2004, 03:40 PM
better off finding one of the large lumber companys to order a shipment in from canada.. and sell it off amongst the different builders . but the problem with this is you have to buy a set amount .. like a truckload.. or half a truckload..

i'll stick with the ballusters i have come across.. nice and clear with tight grain.. but i am going to look for poplar and maple..

thanks again

Slipknot
01-29-2004, 03:50 PM
Crash, do yourself a favor and stay away from using poplar for plugs if you can help it. I don't think it's worth the effort.

PoplarMan
01-29-2004, 03:53 PM
I love poplar

Christian
01-29-2004, 05:15 PM
i sent you a PM earlier last week i think. im sworn to secrecy where i get mine.

you CAN find red cedar,and many other woods at anderson mcquaid.

i believe last week or so, newell guy gave us the adress of a place down the cape.

crashfromamesbury
01-29-2004, 07:00 PM
thanks christian..

i have a good supply of the lighter hardwoods.. ie maple and birch

but i am going to spinn off a bunch in fir.. see how they come out..