View Full Version : Thank You MikeCC

Slipknot
05-30-2001, 09:10 PM
Just to let you people know what kind of businessman Mike at Cape Cod Tackle/ M&D's Bait is (if you don't already) , I have to tell you. I had 4 guides cracked on a recently purchased rod and it was not because they were defective or anything , it was Pilot error my fault. So I told him about it and he said bring it in and I'll get it back to you in a week. Well he did better and I got it in a half a week. I picked it up today and he said no charge when I asked him how much. I am just not used to that type of thing. I can certainly see why you are all booked up with custom rods Mike. I appreciate your generosity Mike, Thank You :)

Bruce

Patrick
05-30-2001, 09:18 PM
That was very nice of him.

Now the real question. How the heck did you crack 4 guides at once?

JohnR
05-31-2001, 06:39 AM
Now the real question. How the heck did you crack 4 guides at once?

...He was fending off an angry customer whose brand spankin' new cabinets were in the back of Slip's van while he fished the ditch

[img=http://www.striped-bass.com/Images/slipcanalseal1.jpg]

Jaiem
05-31-2001, 07:38 AM
ROTFL!!!

Slipknot
05-31-2001, 08:06 AM
ROFLMAO :D :D :D Good one John, you must have read J Powers post on SOL about his predictions for the ditch fling. I don't normally sell cabinets to seals or is that supposed to be me?

Ya Patrick I know, believe me I wasn't fending off angry customers with it. I think it is from when my bike fell over at the canal with the rod in the holder, I didn't notice any damage untill the next time fishing so I think the top 4 guides smacked against the road they are not meant to do that . All better know and the whiplash won't get frayed anymore.

chris L
05-31-2001, 08:46 AM
john you beat me to it rotflmaopimp !

bruce dont give up on the conventional now that your spinner is fixed ! thats why I got a 3 wheeler I figure id jump off to cast at fish and bam there goes the bike on the ground . Ive already had to get one guide fixed cause it fell out of my rod rack in my truck .

yes mike is a great guy to do buisness with he will be building me a rod ( hopefully) this winter or fall .
mike ill be getting in touch with you well in advance I know how busy you are .

JohnR
05-31-2001, 08:59 AM
Yeh Slip, I saw that a few days back and it was my inspiration for that picture... I'll be sure not to tell your dad that you've been slacking and fishing too much, hehehehe

Saltheart
05-31-2001, 10:59 AM
Mike is definitely customer oriented. He'll give you great prices , all the advice you ask for , and he'll help you staighten out a lot of messes you can get yourself into. He'll give you tips on where is hot and he'll recommend plugs or bait that are good for those spots. He'll even show you how to rig something if you are unfamiliar. Got to rate him A++ .

Charlie M
05-31-2001, 12:09 PM
I have to agree with everyone. Since I started building rods a month or two ago...it seems I put an order in once a week and I always get the goods a few days later. Excellent service to say the least!

Charlie

Slipknot
05-31-2001, 02:36 PM
That's right Saltheart, he has shown me how to tie knots before and I didn't even mention that while I was there he changed and showed me how to change the drag washers on my Big Game reel. A real full service tackle shop!

JPowers
05-31-2001, 02:53 PM
I agree, Mike T is a prince. John, that was one funny post. I'd wager that there are homeowners all around the town of Middleboro with tons of household stuff being held in milkboxes and cardboard boxes because the white van is once again Ditch bound at sunup.

Patrick
05-31-2001, 03:19 PM
That's what makes a good shop a good shop. The service you get from a local shop is why they are still in service. Not only does he give you the good service as others have stated(I know of his good service from this site) but if you look at his site, he can still compete with the large competitors with rock bottom prices.

jettyjockey18
05-31-2001, 03:51 PM
i always wondered who would drive their van onto the beach at pips??...now i know ;p
i concur about mikecc's work...i had him add an 8" extention to the handle of my loomis 1084...came out perfect (its how loomis should have built the rod to begin with). and cheap, too...don't ask me how he makes any money??