View Full Version : Address bar/Go button gone

fishaholic18
01-29-2004, 10:50 AM
I made the stupid mistake of cleaning my keyboard with the pc on .:af: :af: Now my Internet Explorer has no Address bar or Go button.:af: I tried going to View/toolbars to see if it was turned off, but it's not.:af: HELP!! #@$%^&%^&@%!!!

Raven
01-29-2004, 11:11 AM
try hitting the escape button......or tab key... you can always go to
my computer>control panel> internet options> and try to load defaults..... you can go to start >settings>taskbar and uncheck the hide taskbar option too. in the worst case scenario reboot and hit the f1 key before the operating system boots up and then hit restore defaults with the f9 and f 10 keys.
if you can see the help section at top of screen it will allow you to navigate there also.... one of these tips should work.

Raven
01-29-2004, 11:19 AM
have a headache this morning :( try hitting your F11 key

or try to drag the address bar back down with curser
or hit the view window and recheck address bar ....make more use of worded option buttons up top.... explore them to death ok... :D

Caffeine fisherman
01-29-2004, 08:54 PM
I'm dying to know if F11 worked or not.
Becouse if you had hit F11 (aka: view full screen) during your keyboard cleaning, how did you click on "view" while in view full screen mode?:smash:
Unless you did "Alt+V" to get to the view menu.

fishaholic18
01-29-2004, 09:04 PM
None of it worked..@$#%?*&^$..It has to be something to do with dragging it back into place..I remember doing this before:af: I hope I figure it out soon...sux without it.:af:

fishaholic18
01-30-2004, 10:50 AM
I finally got my address/go bar back.:happy:
Fist thing I did was click on view/toolbars and uncheck the lock toolbars option. Then I put my mouse curser over where it says "address" (top left corner of Internet Explorer window),hold left mouse button and you can drag the address/go bar wherever you want it. Then go back and check off the lock the toolbar option.

Caffeine fisherman
01-30-2004, 08:07 PM
WICKED cool.

Still would like to know how it happened in the first place by just cleaning the keyboard and not moving your mouse.