View Full Version : Charlie Moore in RI?

fishdump
01-30-2004, 02:34 PM
I am superised with the love that is felt on the board for Charlie Moore that there hasn't been a posting on this yet.

Ice fishing tournament to be held Saturday
01:00 AM EST on Thursday, January 29, 2004

By KATE BRAMSON
Journal Staff Writer

BURRILLVILLE -- It's time for the annual ice fishing tournament in northern Rhode Island, which its organizer says is the second largest in New England.

Pascoag businessman Wayne G. Barber, who sponsors the tournament, said he has invited some celebrity fishermen and has heard from many excited anglers about the 16th annual ice fishing tournament in the region.

The tournament is Saturday from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Wilson's Reservoir in Pascoag. Anglers can register at the boat ramp the morning of the tournament or at Barber's store, Wayne's Place in the Main Street Plaza in Pascoag.

"The original tournament started with 18 people," Barber said. " ... We'll have over 200 anglers this year."

Last year's tournament drew 113 fishermen, and Barber said he's hearing from many more interested anglers this year.

"This will be the second largest ice-fishing tournament in New England," Barber said. "The only bigger one is Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire."

Barber hopes to have some well-known guests.

"I've invited Charlie Moore, the mad fisherman," he said.

I know some of you, from reading some of the other posts, wouldn't scoof at the chance of meeting this fine upstanding sportsmen (right).

So now is your possible chance to meet the WANKA himself.

Just thought I'd let y'all know.

Fishdump

ThrowingTimber
01-30-2004, 02:40 PM
Gaf the Wanka!:laughs:

BigFish
01-30-2004, 02:46 PM
"Uhhh Charlie......you uhh...might want to try fishing over there....the ice is a little easier to fall....I mean....to drill through..."!:laugha: :hihi: :fishslap:

Katie
01-30-2004, 06:50 PM
:laughs:

Thom
01-30-2004, 08:10 PM
All I know is they just held one last week in my neck of the woods lot more that 113 people. I guess he must be the 3 largest. THomT

Clammer
01-30-2004, 08:42 PM
That was yesterday=============:smash:

barbeque
02-05-2004, 05:31 PM
oh damn, it seems i missed it. and charlie moore. he is my idol. hahahahaahah. what a joke