View Full Version : Could You Do Without The Halftime Crap?

BigFish
02-02-2004, 03:47 PM
How many people here just tune in to watch the game? Sure the commercials are also fun to watch but don't you think the foolish halftime show should be done away with? An absolute wast of time and just one more way for these classless acts (Janet Jackson and Justin Imafake) to get up there and simply try to get all this contrived publicity! These classless acts suck! Most of it is lip sinking....(most) and they extend the halftime break and totally screw up the flow of the game....you remember, the "GAME"......Superbowl.....and ruin the quality of the field! Those players were slipping all over the place because the field was in such terrible condition after wheeling all that garbage out for the halftime crap! This should be a stage for the sport of football, not another platform for these hollywood/recording industry losers to overshadow what should be JUST a football game. I have to sit here now all week listening to people talk about Janet Jacksons breast and was it done intentionally? I do not care....I am here to watch that thing that goes on on either side of the stupid halftime show.....you know.....THE GAME!!!! Commissioner Paul Tagliabue was not pleased and fortunately in the future, I think the halftime shows will be alot different.....no more of these self-serving, living in their own world, look at me recording artists........I think next year will be alot different. Just have someone come out and sing God Bless America, do something tasteful....why do they always have to have all of these trashy, no-class acts out there?????? And why do we have to have six or seven of them out there???? All of them trying to steal the show from each other like it is all about them!:gorez:

This is a thread for opinion and I would like to hear how some of you feel!

missing link
02-02-2004, 03:49 PM
yeah... i would wouldent we any more happer with or with out a hafetime show.. i just wana see football - well said BF :)

BigFish
02-02-2004, 03:52 PM
Thats what I am talking about Link....the great Superbowl is getting overshadowed by this tripe and it is a damn shame.....who cares about Janet Jacksons breast???? Man that is what Hooters and strip clubs are for!:uhuh:

rwilhelm
02-02-2004, 03:55 PM
I agree BigFish I think it should be the same length halftime as a regular game. I would not mind if they had one artist do a couple of songs but there is no need for 3 or 4 different performers. But let's remember it is all about money so I think they will still have these performers in the future because some people look forward more to the halftime show then the actual game.

Goose
02-02-2004, 04:00 PM
The super bowl wouldn't be the superbowl without the before and during celebrations/commerials. The game to me is more then just the game, its being with freinds good food entertainment,, its a holiday on sunday! This year I was so focused on the game I was hardley paying attation to anything else. Superbowl is what it is for so many different reasons.
When its a one sided game you can still enjoy the commerials. commmerials capture the non football heads too..

fishaholic18
Football Football Football!!!!!!!!!!!
The f^&%$#%& with the stupid halftime clown show.
This is the biggest game of the year and they try to louse it up with that crap. Keep that tasteless garbage on MTV, not on the Superbowl.:af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af:
I took a look at a video in slow motion of that halftime scene and it was nothing but intentional. MORONS.
I'm sure millions of parents really appreciated their kids seeing that. Just my .02!

Moose Nuckle
I also agree with Big Fsih. We don't need a concert before or during the game. Next thing you know we will see Charlie Moore at half time fishing in a 1000 gallon fish take explaining the pros and cons about spinner baits.......:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

fishweewee
02-02-2004, 04:01 PM
Agreed, but unfortunately we don't have as much a say as the corporate advertisers do.

Bliz
02-02-2004, 04:07 PM
Charlie Moore - as pitiful as he is, would be much better than the CRAP they had on this year!!!

It was absolutely the WORST I have ever seen... and it isn't getting any better or funnier for that matter!

I enjoyed the commercials of years past, but this trash has got to go!...

chris L
02-02-2004, 04:08 PM
I never ever watch half time shows ! the way I see it is the half time show is for the wives and other nonfootball veiwers . its a waste of time and energy ! I for one took a shower immediately after the 1st half ended and then turned on TNT , to watch a movie until the start of the 2nd half . I didnt even know about the boob shot until my wife asked me If I saw it . She was in the other end of the house watching it on another TV . even if they did away with the TV broadcast of the festivities and gave an analysist of the game .

BigFish
02-02-2004, 04:12 PM
As I said....these idiots that appeared this year more than likely have provoked change due to their actions......there is always someone in the crowd who has to screw things up for everyone else! In years past it was bad but not this bad.....just overdone to the "nth" degree! Fishaholic.....well said! RWilhelm....also a great point....MONEY.....it is ruining everything....sports in particular it has ruined it! All this corporate advertising, naming stadiums after Corporations was the beginning of the end....it takes all the fun out of sports! Would you rather say "I saw that great game 6 in the 1975 World Series where Carlton Fisk hit the game winning homer in the 12th inning at Friendly Fenway" or would you rather say "I saw that great game 6 in the 1975 World Series where Carlton Fisk hit the game winning homer in the 12th inning at Qual Comerica Center"??????? They are taking all the humanity out of sports, all the great heart pounding moments in sports are being drowned out by the cold hard face of these huge Corporations.

chris L
02-02-2004, 04:18 PM
the only way to get corporate america out of sports is to stop going to games and buying team gear .
if they dont have the crowds lining at the gate they will be forced to change .

Katie
02-02-2004, 04:18 PM
this years half time show stunk.. I have to say the one thing that was the funniest this show was the streaker.:laughs: but thats it.

BigFish
02-02-2004, 04:22 PM
Go to msnbc.msn.com and you will see we are not alone!:happy:

See the Micheal Ventre piece!

Mr. Sandman
02-02-2004, 04:42 PM
I hated that half time crap. What an annoying show. Frankly I would have like to see that aquaskinz commerical again! OK, I'll go as far as that awesome babe in the Penn reel bikini...but that is it!:D

The Dad Fisherman
02-02-2004, 04:50 PM
Half Time shows are the WORST..why don't they do it Old School. Bring out the Cheerleaders to do a couple of numbers...The End

I don't need any of that mass marketed crap....Its supposed to be about the game

BigBo
02-02-2004, 06:34 PM
They should shorten the Halftime period and show highlights of both teams' season run to the Superbowl on the JumboTron. The shows they have been running are geared to attract the fair weather fans in it just for the Superbowl.

Backbeach Jake
02-02-2004, 07:10 PM
I just can't believe that that was the best show that could be done. Buncha zip-talented never weres strutting around like they're good. The Idiot Allstar Show! Did Janet from another planet really think that was a treat? Classless tramp! And that twerp half her age claiming equiptment failure! You know , as I think of it, that whole extravaganza was a tastless festival. I'm glad my kids are grown, because I sure don't know how I would explain all that tripe. Close up of Carolina's coach yelling MF. The commercials would have been funny at an all guys smoker, but not with youngsters around. Horsefarts,crotch biting dogs. Sorry bout the rant , but sheesh!:af:

Christian
02-02-2004, 07:16 PM
i primed plugs at halftime

beachwalker
02-02-2004, 07:23 PM
halftime was goof as always.

a bunch of professional pretenders trying to be original.

hah, at least there was a little controversy....

they have a life too. however pathetic.

remember 2002, u2 and the names/where the streets have no name ? that was pretty neat :cool:

it takes all kinds and there ain't shiite I can do about it :(

Karl F
02-02-2004, 07:31 PM
for the live viewing... week later on the network.
within 3-5 years, that is how we will be seeing it.

Be damn pricey too, I bet... especially without the high $ commercials

beachwalker
02-02-2004, 07:35 PM
Karl,

you think ? :(

Young Salt
02-02-2004, 10:01 PM
What ever happened to the 'Bud Bowl'? They should've never gotten rid of it.
Less Filling......Tastes Great! :cheers:

justplugit
02-02-2004, 10:21 PM
Kudos Bigfish,you are right on the mark. A band and cheer leaders are the only things that belong at half time.

marky1
02-03-2004, 02:03 AM
Get rid of that "rap" B.S. for starters,then go back to something like 'country' or oldies. Maybe even a magic show...yeah..that's it..I think more people would enjoy that than having their eardrums blown out. Just can't stand all that gangsta rap crap..hope it goes out of style real soon! :af:

redcrbbr
02-03-2004, 10:52 AM
to be honest with you, i was watching the halftime show with my kids and none of us even noticed janets boob. i was a little more upset with the fact that one rapper was grabbing his crotch constantly and also how kid rock took the flag he was wearing tossed it over his head to some guy who then tossed it on the stage deck next to the drums.

all i can say is there are some really stupid people out there who honestly thought the show was going to be entertaining. hopefully they are now looking for work.

Bliz
02-03-2004, 11:04 AM
Hi Bob! :wavey:

I'm so glad that someone else took notice of the misuse of the american flag!...

These people are nebulous!

The entertainment and halftime show was the worst collaboration of dimwits I have ever seen!

Don't get me wrong... I love entertainment and funny commercials, but... if you weigh this stuff... it is lacking!!!

Both in humor & creativity.

Just a bunch of dumb %$#@!!!

Strider
02-03-2004, 01:06 PM
In my opinion, the half time show was a farce and belonged in a garbage can. I can not believe this crap was approved and labeled as entertainment. Oh, and guess who has a new album coming out soon. I appears self promotion would be Ms. J.J. target of opportunity. Just my 2 cents.

beachwalker
02-03-2004, 02:47 PM
when aren't handing us another album of crap ?

:laughs: