View Full Version : Worst Officiated Superbowl In History?

BigFish
02-02-2004, 04:52 PM
I think so....terrible! Faurier caught that ball in the end zone and both feet were in.......that reception (I forget who caught it) that was ruled incomplete and the guy tucked it away and began his run, then he was nailed and coughed it up.....they claimed the play was blown dead....how.....how could they have blown the play dead, it would have to have been done before he got hit and the play was not even done yet????? I thought the officials across the board sucked. The ball placement was a joke.....on many plays but that one in particular when we had 3rd and short and then 4th and inches........horrible placement of the ball after the play concluded.

hooked
02-02-2004, 05:12 PM
Agreed. I was amazed that they didn't overturn the spot of the ball when Carolina challenged.

Bigcat
02-02-2004, 06:00 PM
No, the worst one was the year that Ben Drith called a bogus penalty on Sugar Bear Hamilton to help the Raiders beat the Pats in their first Super Bowl appearance.:(

BigFish
02-02-2004, 06:25 PM
That was not a Superbowl Game.....conference championship I believe....1976?

BigFish
02-02-2004, 06:27 PM
Pats lost to Bears in 1985 Superbowl, lost to Packers in 1996 Superbowl, beat Rams two years ago and beat Carolina last night as if you didn't know!:happy:

fishaholic18
02-02-2004, 06:40 PM
Your right BF. Here's a link to Superbowl history in case anyone is interested.
http://www.superbowl.com/history/recaps

Bigcat
02-02-2004, 07:19 PM
I stand corrected
:smash: I think the Pats would of had a great shot at winning it, if it was not for that call?

Slipknot
02-02-2004, 08:50 PM
You forgot the intentional grounding that supossedly was to be a pass at a recievers feet who was not even looking and 30 feet away:smash:
Carolina and Foxx got to the officials ears before the game even started.
But we still won:happy: :happy:

Slipknot
02-02-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Bigcat
I stand corrected
:smash: I think the Pats would of had a great shot at winning it, if it was not for that call?

I agree, but we got 2 now:happy:

Mike P
02-02-2004, 10:03 PM
They never showed a replay of Faurier's catch. All they showed was replays of the defensive holding penalty that gave the Pats another set of downs to score from the 3. They scored so that was a non-factor.

Muhammad clearly had control of the ball and turned upfield before it came loose. But since the official immediately blew the whistle and ruled an incomplete, it couldn't be reviewed.

I thought the stupidest call was the "head bob" false start on Brady on the first drive--it may have cost the Pats an early TD. That one was clearly the result of Fox working the officials on the sidelines--you never see that called in a big game.

Dreith's call was in the first playoff game in 1976, not the AFC Championship.

Squid kids Dad
02-02-2004, 10:39 PM
Hey Guys....
WE won..Enough with the negativity..Its a DYNASTY in the making...&*&^% ENJOY IT !!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Vectorfisher
02-16-2004, 05:07 PM
A dynasty??? Hardly, come talk to me when they win two or three in a row. And as far as officiating the pats got away with murder in the playoff games, all you heard was Ty Laws name called for making plays I bet if you focused on just him playing defense you would see him holding on every play, that guy gets away with murder, you notice 2 calls on him early in superbowl and his name wasn't mentioned for the rest of the day he even got big plays made on him cause he knew he was being watched. Anyway superbowls over and we get to look forward to another year starting in August. GO RED SOX!!