View Full Version : Where to fly

slammer
06-05-2001, 07:42 AM
Just starting out fly fishing for stripers and was wondering where would be a good place to learn. where are some good tackle shops that have the right equipment and would be willing to give a little instruction? I am in Worcester so the Cape, Watch Hill, the Merrimack...wherever...are all about the same drive. I am a patient person but the better the chance of catching something the more patient I become. thanks for the help. I also have the option of goin from the surf or from a boat though my boating would be limtited by the weather conditions since its only a 16.5'. Thanks again

Saltheart
06-05-2001, 07:56 AM
If you are in Worcester , you could give Cote Fly Shop a call. He's around Spencer or Liecester. He may know of some local clinics , etc. Be freshwater probably but its a start. You might also ask the question over on www.flyfishsaltwaters.com .

I don't know your finances but it seems to me the best bet would be to hook up with someone already doing it or look up a guide who can take you on a trip and give instructions too.

JohnR
06-05-2001, 02:04 PM
Welcome aboard Slammer,

One of the site's sponsors is http://www.flyrodreeloutfitters.com and they are located at 150 Main St in Marlborough . Ask for Rich, aka SaltyDog, and tell him you're a striped-bass.com member and you'll get 20% off. It's a great deal he puts together on flyfishing stuff for our site, I believe that he also throws in a free lesson with a purchase of an outfit...

Good luck,

John