View Full Version : Reverse Type Plug

RIROCKHOUND
02-09-2004, 09:31 AM
Hello all..

I have a question for the Atom experts..

I spun a reverse type plug this weekend, 6" long, AYC.. got the offset eye (1/2" down the plug or so)... Wondering about weighting em... Was thinking a slug in the ass and then maybe a smaller shot in front of the belly hook? But As I have fished em, I've never disected one... thoughts?

Also Color.. I lack an air brush, do it all from cans/brushes... anyone ever seen a color similar to the old atom orange for the reverse?

Thanks...
'hound

Pics soon.... much like the Grump (BM :D ) I spin now and wait for warmer weather to paint... maybe this week, as I owe some plugs (Bliz and Slip...)

tlapinski
02-09-2004, 10:07 AM
CS did some up last winter. i would guess that any classic topwater colors would work. yellow/white being my favorite top water color. as you said, the classic root beer amber worked great originally. i would also guess that you want all the weight in the rear. they sit tail down in the water and give that walk the dog pencil popper hybrid action.

RIROCKHOUND
02-09-2004, 10:27 AM
Yeah, the amber/rootbeer...thats the color I'm looking for.. right now it has ~1/2oz in the ass... debating if it needs another slug elsewhere...

tlapinski
02-09-2004, 10:40 AM
here is CS's thread. pics are gone, though. if you need a tester..... :D

http://www.striped-bass.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4210&highlight=reverse

RIROCKHOUND
02-09-2004, 10:45 AM
Thanks T...
Maybe CS will chime in on color... please... :D

capesams
02-09-2004, 01:34 PM
root beer/amber fa reverse......blue/white swirl fa swimmers.

jr. changed photo severs on me an blew away all me pic's:af: if u need new one's just tell me an I'll takem all over again.

RIROCKHOUND
02-09-2004, 01:51 PM
CS
I wouldn't mind one pic.. :D
Mostly I was curious if you airbrushed em or canned the color... so far it has eluded me, but I am limited to cans...
'hound

Nebe
02-09-2004, 02:13 PM
Bryan, Some day in march when I have time, I'll invite you over for some airbrushing... its fast and fun. Plus it doesnt smell as bad as cans.

RIROCKHOUND
02-09-2004, 02:19 PM
Papa Eben....

Sounds good, I'll save some blanks.. I'd like to try it mostly for wonderbread, and stuff like that.....

I actually dont mind cans; I am a big believer in simple color patters, ie. blue/white yellow red, etc... My silver and black rebels out fish yo-zuri's 2:1 in my experience; it's more action and shape than color.....

Nebe
02-09-2004, 02:31 PM
Wonder bread it is... I'll save some up for that as well...

O.k. Wheres Link Jr.??