View Full Version : Chat with an Old Fisherman

Karl F
02-15-2004, 11:26 AM
Ran into Bob Andrews, (Captain Andy lures, past president MBBA, mid Fifties!, former charter boat Captain) I'd say Hall of famer, but don't wanta stir chit ;)..
Anyway, we had a nice chat, and naturally Stan Gibbs name came up, and the nice article in the paper. Bob shared a couple of memories.. Stan was Bob's best man at his wedding, (couple of stories I won't share here ;) ).. how they'd take Stan's canoe, and go north trout fishing, and catch a bunch on freshie lures they both made.. some canal, and beach stories... Bob would sometimes take a ride on a slow day in the off season, and just stop in and have coffee with Stan and Celia, in their kitchen and swap dirty jokes ;)..

Nice chat..
If anybody is doing a book on old lure builders, or old fishermen, they should definatley look Bob up! He was there and knew most all of them... he's still pretty healthy, in his eighties, and his mind is sharp as a tack!

BigFish
02-15-2004, 11:39 AM
Sound like good folk KarlF:kewl: Thanks for sharing.:happy:

Matty
02-15-2004, 12:10 PM
I can't wait to hear some of those stories!

Karl F
02-15-2004, 12:21 PM
Welcome Aboard!

:ss:

Guys, we have another "sand sissy" amongst us :happy:

(Don't worry Matt, that's a Good thing to be, in here! :cool:)

(actually, he has been known to wet a line offufa boat too...)

Big Fish... yer mailbox is full again, but... what U said.... sounds good to me!

BigFish
02-15-2004, 12:49 PM
Thanks KarlF....looking forward to that and thanks for the heads up on my box being full, all set!:smash:

capesams
02-15-2004, 01:44 PM
Bob does have a book he's writeing , but doesn't think it will get into print...to much $$$....but o the stories he does have.

hey karl-o,,went by ya shop sat. truck was there, but I was headed to another store first. then came back ta yak an u was gone,,u got some nerve goin ta lunch.....an on the way down to your place on the mid-cape, this old green truck with stickers all over it was in front of me headed that way to. wonder who that was?

Karl F
02-15-2004, 10:38 PM
Shame on me! got to take my break tho ;) sorry I missed ya, and the fella from yarmouth that was in front of U in the ol' green fahd.
(:wave: BM)

I'll have to tell Bob I'll buy his book... that will be a good one, if he ever gets it out.

bassmaster
02-16-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by capesams
Bob does have a book he's writeing , but doesn't think it will get into print...to much $$$....but o the stories he does have.

hey karl-o,,went by ya shop sat. truck was there, but I was headed to another store first. then came back ta yak an u was gone,,u got some nerve goin ta lunch.....an on the way down to your place on the mid-cape, this old green truck with stickers all over it was in front of me headed that way to. wonder who that was?
Man i cant hide no where.
after I did whats I had ta did I ran By Tonys and then rembered He was at the show:smash:
Karl who:confused:
George is almost 90 God Bless Him:)
He told Tuc he was gonna retire fish at 90.
no way I say that whats keeps Him Young and not ugly like Cape GrumpYs

chris L
02-16-2004, 12:36 PM
if george wrote a book Id buy it too ! fishing is what keeps him going day to day .

Karl F
02-16-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by bassmaster
Karl who:confused:

ya forget about me bubba?
:bc:

;)

bassmaster
02-16-2004, 10:28 PM
:D