View Full Version : Surgical Tubing Source??

Surely Bassey
02-15-2004, 03:23 PM
Can anyone help me with a source for surgical tubing. Looking for PINK in OD 5/16 and ID 3/16. Not sure if it silicone or latex tubing?

Surfster
02-15-2004, 06:25 PM
Netcraft catalog

Surely Bassey
02-15-2004, 06:40 PM
I sent them an e-mail. I looked there but didn't find it under 3/16 ID tubing. I think the pink color tubing they have is plastic small diameter like for mackerel trees. We'll see. Thanks again....

Brad S
02-21-2004, 10:13 PM
If your looking for tubing to make Tube and Worm rigs Terminal Tackle has bulk tube material but IMO it's junk.

I use plastic tubing from SNL Corp. (a commercial fishing supply dealer) which IMO is excellent and not expensive, I Don't remember the address right off the top of my head but you can find it on line. The tubing is fairly thick walled like most latex tubing I've seen, but unlike latex, if you tie it in a loose overhand knot when not in use it will develop a nice shape to it and will give you great action in the water. It's 7/16 O.D. though, don't know what the I.D. is.

I haven't found any suitable tubing in pink. What I did was buy white tubing and then use Rit dye to get the color I wanted, it works well. Try fuscia, get the water real hot, and don't leave it in too long ;) .

Surely Bassey
02-22-2004, 09:37 AM
Thanks, I checked them out but I already orded real "pink" tubing from some place on Long Island. I plan on putting them on bent hooks to an AVA47 and AVA27. I think the color will be unique. I trust the guy I ordered from so I got 100 feet. I let you knwo how it is after it arrives in about 2 weeks....Lou

Diamond Tackle
02-22-2004, 09:56 AM
If you need real surgical tubing in real pink and other real colors, let me know. Problem is min of 2500 ft. unless they have a overrun in stock. I was about to place an order with them anyway. This is direct from the manufacturer.

Surely Bassey
02-22-2004, 10:32 AM
I'll let you know. I sent an e-mail to my source so that he knows not to send me plastic tubing; I am looking for latex (or silicone?). I believe that pink will be THE color for 2004....