View Full Version : Source For Eyes?

BigFish
02-15-2004, 06:20 PM
Where is it many of you get your eyes from? Looking for any info on any style, mostly the glass eyes.:huh: Thanks:thanks:

MAC
02-15-2004, 06:24 PM
glass? going whole hog already:p Actually you can get them on eBay or try Van Dykes Taxidermy ( a division of Cabela's)

Surfster
02-15-2004, 06:49 PM
These I got from NJTackle. I Dink Salty sells them too. 3/8" domed 3-D. I like dem.

BigFish
02-15-2004, 07:13 PM
Thanks guys and yes Newell Guy....I like to start with the best, no half-a$$ here!:bounce:

Surfster
02-15-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by BigFish
Thanks guys and yes Newell Guy....I like to start with the best, no half-a$$ here!:bounce:

Whataya tryin' to say? I'm a cheap Redneck? :tm:

MAC
02-15-2004, 08:02 PM
No, he is just messing with me.

BigFish
02-15-2004, 08:37 PM
No....I think he is a cheap redneck!:laugha: Just kidding Surfster. Seriously though, I just really prefer the look of some of the 3-D glass eyes as opposed to some others. I like the realism.

Surfster
02-15-2004, 10:06 PM
Now my plugs don't look "real enough" for him.

:af:

NO Plugs for you! You go now! :laughs:

BigFish
02-15-2004, 11:01 PM
Your plugs look great Surfster, really, I just really like those glass eyes. By the way, the red/white plug....how did you paint that one? Did you dip the red?:confused:

Tagger
02-16-2004, 07:54 AM
Nice plugs Surfster, really like your stuff . beautiful paint .. If I had to the only crtisism I could pass along is to soften edges(sand paper) on arse and nose..No hard edges .. Thats where paint will wear first .. Mike Fixter gave that one to me and I apreciate he was trying to make me better .. thanks Mike...:)

Surfster
02-16-2004, 09:46 AM
I'm kidding here! Yuk it up!
Tagger thanks for the info. I heard that before somewhere (maybe Jigman?) I've yet to fish my plugs as I only started this 2 mo. ago. I suppose I'll learn my limitations as I start using them.

Oh yea the red/white...I just painted the ivory first and let it dry. Then I just used masking tape. BTW I peel a strip say 8" then stick it to my shirt first to take some of the stickyness off it. This way I "hope" it wont peel any of the undercoat off when I remove it. I wet sand with 320 before clearing anyway so any edge between the paints is gone.
I thought about dipping but I think the paint would be too thick by the time it drys. Too thick and ,much like a car, it would be much more likely to peel.