View Full Version : Weekend Plans and Friday night warmups ...

JohnR
06-08-2001, 11:58 AM
OK, plan to scout some tonight and meet up with those that are testing the waters on Friday night... Who want's to meet tonight and who is pairing up with who tonight... I'll need to pass out "official slips" anyway...

Plans? Fishing, grilling and hanging out with many new and a few old friends. Beautiful weather and moon, who could ask for anything more...

Remember to bring your measuring tapes!!! (and scales if you have them)

BTW - my cell # 617-680-2798

Saltheart
06-08-2001, 12:41 PM
Smokey and I will be getting there about 3:30 AM Sat morning. We'll fish till morning then will be eating breakfast at Quintals Sat AM. We'll also be at the barbecue. Did I mention I like Barbecues? :)I like the west running current but the east tides happening friday and sat nights are what some canal regulars live for. This is what I look like if we haven't met.

http://www.stripersonline.com/Pages/photo_pages/photos_saltheart.shtml

STEVE IN MASS
06-08-2001, 12:42 PM
No Friday warm up for me, gotta do chores and get some sleep sometime, ya know ;), but I'll see ya all Saturday afternoon. Don't catch all the fish before then ;)

Canalratt1
06-08-2001, 02:57 PM
I'll be at the Ditch at around 3:30 Sat. AM. Saltheart are you guys biking or hitting somewhere in particular. I was thinking about starting at the West end but seems like there is more fish around the East. The lat few hours of the west tide is always good!

Saltheart
06-08-2001, 06:57 PM
We'll be around pole 20 mainland. We'll be there till the turn. We may m,ove down and fish in JPowers pocket when it gets low.Then off to Quintals if nothing is breaking. I'd like to meet up with you canalratt1. You are welcome to join us Sat morning. Figure 3 OZ jigs with 7 inch fin s tails or 4 OZ Smilin Bills with a 6 or 8 inch curltail.

Canalratt1
06-08-2001, 07:19 PM
I'll be there around the turn or just after. I don't jig much and i'm going to try plugging further west but will watch you guys and JPowers put the show on.