View Full Version : Our pal Charlie

denport
02-18-2004, 11:28 PM
It's been about three weeks now since some of us sent our challenges to that giant tool box Mr. Moore. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything yet.

BigFish
02-19-2004, 08:12 AM
I have heard nothing.....that show has "zero" credibility. It bills itself as a show where regular, everyday people can challenge this clown and go head to head with him. So far he just fished against his sister, Todd Rucci, Ted Ancher from the Herald, and some Bass Tournament Pro the other day!:smash: I think we should all start sending hate e-mails to the web-site instead of challenges.:rocketem:

Bliz
02-19-2004, 08:29 AM
I sent him a challenge as well Bigfish, but it does not appear that they were well received...

Bass Nut
02-19-2004, 03:46 PM
I really tried to watch last sunday, then began channel surfing...

Started watching OLN Channel on weekend morings, that and ESPN. Anything without Charlie "WOWWEE What HUGE SUNFISH!!!" Moore will suffice.

BN

:nailem: :nailem: :nailem:

BEETLE
02-19-2004, 04:48 PM
Saw this program last weekend while channel surfing - your right he is obnoxious. Reminded me of the old saying - shut up and fish. :smash:

redcrbbr
02-19-2004, 05:28 PM
I kinda thought with the little bit of name calling, and maybe just a tad of taunting. i would have recieved some kind of response:eek: :eek:

maybe there has been such an outpouring of replies from his millions of fans, he just hasn't gotten to them yet:laughs:

RickBomba
02-19-2004, 05:55 PM
Mikey and I sent him stuff, no response either. I was kind of hoping BM would send a challenge (I'm not sure if he did or not), as he has the guide service witha website and pictures. I think that would carry a little more "challenge clout" than the rest of us.

CM is so obnoxious!
Later,
Rick

Flaptail
02-19-2004, 06:24 PM
Ya know, I am going to go out on a limb here. I watch Charlie Moore now and then and he really doesn't bother me all that much. First off he gets paid for doing what he does. Wouldn't we all like to be in his shoes. Sure, he can be a flake but I would rather fish with a flake, AKA someone who is enjoying themselves, rather than some of the people you see on TV who are so serious I think they need a pyscho-therapist, they are some damned tense. After all, it's only fishing. Secondly, I have actually learned a thing or two from him, no #^&#^&#^&#^&. That program where he was on Monomoy flats with sluggos convinced me that that bait was for real, now I never leave the dock woithout them.

On one episode he was actually fishing the lake where I have a summer home in Charlton MA. ( That's right, I live on Cape Cod but spend a lot of weekends on a bass lake in the central southern Massachusetts woods) He got a 7 lb. plus fish there on a sluggo. The last two years between myself, my daughters and my brother, we have had several fish over six pounds and numerous four and fives. Three pounders don't even get recognition. On the program he said it was one of his favorite ponds, it should be it's that good.

I don't understand the big deal. He has his own show(s), he gets paid to fish, he gets sponsored, a free boat and tackle,a free truck and goes all over God's creation to fish. Who wouldn't want to do that? He can't be that dumb if he has that racket going for himself now can he. Jealousy? Maybe. Envy? Absolutely.

I dunno. He ain't all that bad ( cept for maybe being a lefthander) and his forte' is freshwater bass fishing. Challenging him to a duel in the surf wouldn't cut it and let's face it, a night with Bassmaster might leave him emotionally scarred and I am not talking about the fishing. It's his show and you would have to compete on his ground. It's only fair that way.

I cannot get in on the Charlie Moore bashing, the way I see it he has got the world by the balls right now and God bless him that he had the guts to promote himself into his situation. Give it a rest guys it just ain't worth it and we look petty.

You may slaughter me now, fire at will.

Squid kids Dad
02-19-2004, 07:35 PM
Flap...My sentiments exactlly.....I wish I had his job...As I'm sure a lot on this board does also....Mello dudes..:D

denport
02-19-2004, 11:07 PM
Props to Flap and Squid. It takes a good size pair to throw yourselves so willingly upon the late-winter duldrums fire. I am generally not the fire all cannons type of guy but I will say a few things to clarify my distaste for the tool box that is CM.

I have a heck of a time when I go out fishing either fresh or saltwater. Some people do need to super-size their stress factor to astronomical proportions to have what they consider a "good trip". I too have removed them from my will-fish-with list and I'm sure vice-versa.

I would LOVE to have just the opportunity to have his job for even a few weeks. There would only be some slight changes in the actual content of the show.

:cool: First of all, I would not use 80 lb. test when fishing for smallmouth. I would use my 6 lb. Yozuri hybrid. If you know that there is a drag knob on your reel that is a good start.

:cool: Secondly, I would not refer to an obviosly 1 lb. maximum "Larry" as a "wicked uge foive pownder" That one would be edited out of the show as too small to waste my viewers time with. I mean, c'mon, you fish each location for a full at least a full day, these are the best shots you can give us? How much talent is really there.

:cool: Thirdly, and finally for now, I would treat the fish that I catch and release with a little more respect and dignity. That would include NOT throttling my boatmate about the head and shoulder area with said "beaoootifully cawlahed" bass. It would also NOT include holding a fish up to the camera for as much as two minutes or more while you can see it struggling to simply breathe.

This list is by no means complete and is not meant to be an attack on anybody {well, except for the tool box}

JohnB
02-20-2004, 10:58 AM
Count me in with the jealous crowd.

JB

02-20-2004, 03:00 PM
Flap,
I am with you, I enjoy this guy's show. He is a goof no doubt about that, but he is funny at moments. The show sure beats the Wiggles or Bear in the Big Blue House, which are usually on in my house.......:)

Iwannakeeper
02-20-2004, 03:08 PM
So - I have never seen the tools show and I have never caught a keeper - think I should throw out a challenge?

maybe he'd reply to a newbie like me. Then send someone like bigfish in my place for the actual show. What'da'ya think?

chris L
02-20-2004, 03:37 PM
I dont watch fishing shows on TV . almost as boring as golf on TV . I stay a wake longer than with golf whispering .

the way I see it . fishing for a living is A JOB , not a relaxation time away from my JOB . would I want to do that for a living NO . a guest appearence maybe on someones show . dont know him watched the show once and thought he was just another #^&#^&#^&#^& on TV fishing , kinda like the rest of them . Bill Dance , fish fishhead , jose wassabi , the blond fat faced guy , jerry Mcguiness , and all the other clowns I missed .

the more ya talk about him the more people will tune in to watch . I for one want a job that has less hours and more flexible with more paid time off ( I already get 52 days off a year ) and no weekend on call . Then I can get out there to fish more and relax .

Iwannakeeper
02-20-2004, 03:52 PM
ChrisL - you hiring. I would love a deal like that 52 days with no on-call. I am soooo jealous.

chris L
02-20-2004, 04:19 PM
the pay is lame and taxes are high and Ct sucks .

bassmaster
02-20-2004, 04:31 PM
ever fish with Me:hihi: some of the slapstick will have You rolling on the floor.
poor Slip, I would call the House and he would get Yelled at Just for Me calling:D
I want to fish with Flap tail In wellfoots.........

chris L
02-20-2004, 04:56 PM
I think Ive seen you on the beach once . someone was laying on the beach rolling . was that this slip guy ?

do you fish with charlie moore ?

Flaptail
02-20-2004, 06:21 PM
It's Wellsfleets you. And you know I will always fish with ya,we are buds!:D :D

bassmaster
02-20-2004, 07:47 PM
flap got it down, He makes His Ol'Lady hate Him so He can go every night Like Me:laughs:

chris L
02-20-2004, 07:52 PM
been working for 20 years . then I do one nice thing and Im all of a sudden a good guy . cant figure it out !

RI Popper
02-20-2004, 08:54 PM
It's all very interesting however, " Iwannakeeper " are you serious about never catching a keeper?

if so, please email me armandt@bsn1.net. I'll take you out with me and get you a keepah. But then you'll have to change your name..... outside of that. Fishbox = Toolbox = Lunchbox :)
:laughs:

bassmaster
02-20-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by chris L
been working for 20 years . then I do one nice thing and Im all of a sudden a good guy . cant figure it out !
I been following You today all over and I got to tell you.
Ya Got me pee'in My pants You Funny Bastage:D

chris L
02-20-2004, 09:19 PM
did you see what I did to that stupid fool driving the moving van ?

Hotfish
02-20-2004, 09:58 PM
Hey, I read some of the threads where you guys are beating up CM, nothing new, let's face it, he's got a good job but I'm sure there's a lot more to it than just waking up and going fishing. It's a business just like anything else, I give him credit. I'm no fan, just give anyone credit for chasing the dream and attaining it.

Now, on the other hand, if you want to check out a pretty decent new show, check out "The Hook" on NESN. I saw it the past few weeks (including tonights show about the monster shark tourney)and the guy does a good job. All salt water fishing. Bring on the spring!

RI Popper
02-21-2004, 11:41 AM
sorry ChrisL I had to find this quote:

"Let no man deceive himself. If any man thinketh that he is wise among you in this world, let him become a fool, that he may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God.
1 Corinthians 3:18
1901 American Standard Version,

All that and we all look for the best way to catch fish :) ;) :cool: :D

bassmaster
02-21-2004, 12:55 PM
no Chris I missed that one BubbaH

JohnR
02-21-2004, 01:09 PM
To be honest - I do like Beat Charlie More better than his NESN show. Still think he's too cocky but that's part of the schtick. Also nice to see a thick Bahstin accent instead of Bubba Gump on a show...

Though I'd still like to see him take up a challenge from one of the members here :kewl:

RI Popper
02-21-2004, 07:43 PM
Hey John I'm completly behind that. I say a 2 part challenge, first 1 day on fresh water for bass and then one day on the beach or boat for stripers. Now who can say that's not fair??? :)

beachwalker
02-23-2004, 08:03 AM
i'm tellin ya. Challenge him to go for shark, our east in august/september.

Go find the bluefin. Serve him for dinner :)

you think you are funny or somethin' BM ?

:laughs:

Raven
02-23-2004, 09:09 AM
BUT.....hes way too FRIGGAN gay and the first time he hung his arm on me like a drunken whore ......i'd push him in the lake.

I take my fishing seriously but go to have fun too ,BUT Charlie Moore fishes like hes on a bender and too drunk BY himself to fish. EVEN the ALIENS ... would shake their heads .... reject!

at least he's laffin all the way to the bank. :cool:

fishweewee
02-23-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by JohnR
Still think he's too cocky but that's part of the schtick.

Yup, that's all part of drawing viewers in, isn't it?

He got some people here to send in a challenge after all, right?

Who knows, maybe some of you will make it on some reality-tv fishing show. :hihi:

My $0.02 is that it ain't as easy as some of these tv guys make it look.

-WW

teaser
02-23-2004, 05:33 PM
Charlie Moore is a tool! I don't care how much money he's making or how much time he gets to spend fishing or all the perks, he's still a billboard poster child for abortion!

Someone ought to hold his head underwater for the length of time he holds a fish out of water, see how he'd like it!

He won't accept a challenge from anyone on this board because it is simply just that, a challenge.

How good would he be if he did accept challenges from real people that fish for a purpose, (whether to have fun or for the money) he'd look like the fool he really is. It's not part of the show to look like an ass ... listen to him, he really is!

He has no idea how to treat that valuable resourse we call fish, he thinks it's okay to throw the fish back in after 2 or 3 minutes of flapping about some useless information to a hockey player or a relative.

Does he make sure the fish is not in shock or hurt in any way upon release? No he flips it in the air off the boat and forgets that that fish IS part of his meal ticket.

I'm glad I'm not a "PRO" like him! I'm just a novice who does know how to treat a valuable resourse better. This is just my .02 worth of the great Charlie BOORE!

Flaptail
02-23-2004, 05:44 PM
Yeah, okay, whatever....................:rolleyes:

Raven
02-23-2004, 05:52 PM
is all the dorks kissin fish

teaser
02-23-2004, 06:05 PM
I'm not a dork that kisses fish, and I hope you did not intend it that way.

I just believe if you like fishing and you want to keep doing it then take care of the resourse, it won't be here forever.

But that may be to complicated for some so called hard core fishermen to comprehend.

Hotfish
02-23-2004, 06:50 PM
Don't you guys get it, your doing exactly what he wants you all to do. Tune in to see what an ass you think he is. As long as you keep talking about him, good or bad it doesn't matter, he'll keep doing his thing, and raking it all in as he goes about his business. Why is that so hard to figure out? Call it the Howard Stern theory, whatever you want, but we all keep tuning in to see what he'll do next (love'em or hate'em), and thats why he's popular, in a good way or bad, again it doesn;t matter. Once people stop caring about what he's doing is when he'll stop doing his "Schtick". Wake up fella's, smell the coffee. Why is it so hard to say that you envy what he's able to do for a living? Is it because you'll be standing alone in the crowd?
A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader but becomes one by the quality of his actions and the integrity of his intent. In the end leaders are much like eagles, they don;t flock, their found one at a time.

Raven
02-23-2004, 07:04 PM
i dont watch Charlie Moore except when the OL lady has the friggan remote....
he aint : No eagle
he has .....no integrity
hes anything but a leader
he can drownd all by himself
one dufus at a time
good ridance
cept for the water pollution:af:

beachwalker
02-23-2004, 07:25 PM
seen him once and anytime after that, once I realize who it is, I quickly move on. Aren't many worries about "not getting it".

To each there own. He is a wanker and he has a TV show. Did hear from a friend that he isn't to shabby with a gun so.......

doesn't mean he can't still be a wanker
:)

rocketman
02-23-2004, 07:40 PM
I've gotta get cable.....:(

Hotfish
02-23-2004, 08:05 PM
Bro, you missed the point entirely. I'm not saying he's the "leader" I was implying that you would be one if you just stood up and admited that, like him or hate him, you do indeed watch him. That was my point, not that he's the leader. In my opinion he's goofball, but I'm not going to sit here and say I don;t have an appreciatation for whats he's accomplished or for the niche that he's carved out for himself, all the while, while getting paid a lot of money to do it.

Raven
02-23-2004, 08:23 PM
i agree

Hotfish
02-23-2004, 08:44 PM
OK, however, everyone needs whipping boy...might as well be him. I was on another one of New Englands fishing show sites (onthehook)the guy from that show is going on his Beat Charlie Moore show on Boston Haaaba.

Got Stripers
02-23-2004, 10:04 PM
I think you guys need to give me his job, so you won't have to bitch any more, I'd take his job in a blink of an eye. You bet your arse I'm jeolous and it's not about his fishing ability.

beachwalker
02-24-2004, 06:47 AM
GS,

then maybe I'd watch. Let's see if we can arrange the trade.

:)

Raven
02-24-2004, 08:45 AM
GS wants to actually "BE" our whippin boy. Thats pretty darn courageous if ya ask me. Then all us to cold to fish frustrated Fisherman can knit pick him to death. Won't THAT be fun?
can't wait.... Alls it takes is a fancy camera and a big ham :D

fishweewee
02-24-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by teaser
I'm not a dork that kisses fish

I am.

"Come here ya little sugar booger..." :hihi:

Raven
02-24-2004, 08:59 AM
Benny Huston ! you can start practicin that laugh of his....
whats it called .... ohh yeah ..... the hyena chuckle!:D

Hotfish
02-24-2004, 06:21 PM
Now there's a guy who needs to be bitch slapped. I hate that jackass, jimmy houstons laugh goes right through me like a hot knife. He's a jackass. Why is it that we don;t see more guys bitching and complaining about southern #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s like him and all we can do is beat up our own "home team" guys?
That guy needs a rapala ripped through his nuts! Can't stand him. AND, his show blows bulls at a nickel a heard!

Raven
02-24-2004, 06:35 PM
that bass smoochin s o b ..... hes the guilty bastage....

Nebe
02-24-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Hotfish
That guy needs a rapala ripped through his nuts!

WOW!

Slingah
02-24-2004, 07:02 PM
that's it HotFish...don't hold back tell us how u really feel:laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

Hotfish
02-24-2004, 07:18 PM
Sorry boy's, it's just that I watch shows to keep myself busy in the winter and here's a guy who's made a living on his fresh water BS fishing, kissing fish, pretending to be some southern wholesome family man, and I know for a fact that the guys nothing more than a douchebag redneck who'd bangin anything he can get his fat fingers around, including 5 pound largemouths!
Then I read all the threads within NE and all we can do is beat up our own homebread show hosts who are doing what they can (yes for themselves, but also for our fisheries and business) for our local waters and fisheries, without ever hearing anyone bash those other asswipes. WHY! Jimmy Houston, Hank Parker, Roland Martin,......screw'em all. I'll take home bread jackass's over those other jackass's. Gotta support the home team!

Squid kids Dad
02-24-2004, 07:42 PM
Hurray for the home team....I agree Hotfish

denport
02-24-2004, 07:44 PM
OK guys and gals, here's something pretty interesting. Cable access is a huge opportunity for ANYONE to put a show on. Just call up or stop by your local cable provider and they can direct you to all of the resources necesary to produce your own show including the cameras. I looked into it a few years ago myself for a cooking show but, but, but, and then this happened and that came up and I just let it pass away. Going to look into it again this year for another kind of show. HMMMM I wonder ehat kind that would be... Maybe high-school news or maybe kripalu yoga.

On second thought...Cooking What You Caught sounds like a better idea.

Stay tuned

BigFish
02-24-2004, 07:51 PM
When you come right down to it....how many freakin' times can you watch some of these guys catch largemouth after largemouth, smallie after smallie, bonefish after bonefish without getting absolutely bored to sleep?:sleeps: Same techniques almost always, just different places....same darn fish, particularly Charlie Moore and Bill Dance.

Hotfish
02-24-2004, 08:48 PM
Denfish, I hear ya but I think there's a lot more to it than that, such as editing, production of the show and more. But definitely worth the effort. I don;t want to sound like I'm in the fan club or not but you all may want to check out the show "On The Hook" on NESN. It's all salt water fishing and various types, both inshore and offshore. It's a good show but the time sucks, Friday at 5pm. I'm lucky enough to work from home so I can tune in, but it is a good show, So far I've seen Tuna, Shark, Cod, Stripers, Bluefish, Fluke and I was just on the website and this week the guy goes Mahi fishing. And here's the best part for youre interest's Densfish, they actually have a segment where they cook the catch, sorry to ruin your night and future show, but it's being done on the show....

RI Popper
02-24-2004, 08:52 PM
You know what Big Fish. I have to agree with some of the shows. But I like variety. I love watching Halibut come over the side. and Sharking is alwayse cool. I'm getting tired of Marlin though. I'd love to see a show on grouper/jewfish, Cod or even like to watch the King Crab fishing boats.

denport
02-24-2004, 08:53 PM
hotfish, I've seen the show too. didn't even register with me.

Anyway, the editing equipment and all that they will let you use. It's a $400 feeto sign up and get the neccesary instruction. There is another idea for chunk fishing. First one to the pole gets to bring it in. No holds barred and dirty tricks encouraged. Not on the jetty though.

Mike P
02-24-2004, 09:07 PM
I haven't watched Houston in years---does he still wear those stew-pid bangs? His hair always annoyed me more than that asinine laugh.

The guy's got to be over 60 and he still wears a Moe Howard do :rolleyes:

Hotfish
02-24-2004, 09:22 PM
I met a guy who does that kind of thing from Nantucket (no rhyme coming up don't worry). Uses's the local tv cable companies equipment and all that, even edits it himself. I saw some of his video in a bait shop and while his effort was genuine the stuff he got was no way near anything you'd ever see on tv, and this guy said he'd been doing it for 4 years! I thinks there's more to it than we think and if it was easy, we'd all be doing it. It would be nice though....but I think I'd rather just fish as much as I can, get in trouble with the wife for coming home hours late only to go back out there the following day and deal with a ration of #^&#^&#^&#^& day in day out...........NOT!