View Full Version : Thinking Postive

Goose
02-20-2004, 12:33 AM
Thinking postive

Is there any good info out there on this subject?
I mean thinking postive can help us in every way possible. Psyching myself up before and during fishing or hunting has been part of my routine. From working on tackle or finding a jammin tune to crank while on my drive out there, it all snowballs into bigger and more bass. I think you have to mention convidence also when you think postive. Even if your fishing with someone who is negative, or fishin is never good enough for them...it can turn a good night into one full of excuses. anyway, I always felt its very important thing to have with you at all times especialy as it starts warmin up.;)

http://www.uwec.edu/counsel/pubs/thinkPositive.htm?

denport
02-20-2004, 01:04 AM
I am in full agreement of thinking positively, especially when it comes to fishing. It can turn a 27" striper and a few blues into a good time on the water instead of a horrible failure. It also seems to work to psych myself up on the way to fish or even now in the too long waiting season. I know this year I will not only get a 39.5 pound striper like last year. I will break forty and hopefully fifty.

Slingah
02-20-2004, 07:52 AM
I agree...negativity s**cks and is very contagious. It has ruined what I thought was a great time out fishing more than once. I read a great book Goose and I'll see if I can find out the correct title , but it is something like the Power of Optimism. It helped me to look at the glass half full.

BigFish
02-20-2004, 10:13 AM
I doubt if you will ever find that book Slingah!:hihi: :laugha:

I believe in thinking positive especially when going fishing. If you head out thinking the fishing is gonna s*%k inevitably it will! Better to go full of optimism, it definately makes for much more enjoyable trip. Also applies to everything else in life.

Mr. Sandman
02-20-2004, 01:08 PM
Enjoy the memories each fishing trip creates and you will have a lot more fun...don't make it a numbers game.
:)

beachwalker
02-20-2004, 06:50 PM
Do we all know that din? That partially conscious, hollow feeling when one has been trudging and casting and trudging and casting for hours with nothing more than a 3 lb bluefish to show for it ? It's friggin 2:00 am and you have to work at 7:00 am ? That one ?
5 hrs and you've have 30 minutes to your bed ? :smash: :smash: and you are absolutely bollocks ? And that doesn't factor in the rinse & wash up :smash: :smash:

and, with about a dozen or so casts left in your worthless body,

boink

there's a 25+ lber on the end of your line right now and you could give a flying burrito about work tomorrow

It can be so brutal and so beautiful......

beachwalker
02-20-2004, 06:55 PM
it's when you don't get the hit that it really takes soul.......

or hows about of you get the whack and then manage to LOSE her.

how many of us has that happened to ?

That hurts bad

but the power of positive thinking pulls you through. becomes another segment of the lesson.

Joe
02-20-2004, 07:00 PM
I believe that being positive is a major factor in how successful you will be with your fishing. And not believing you will do well is a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Being discouraged has a host of outward manifestations. Soon, the fisherman is not casting well, or not paying attention, or not working the presentation.
It’s a big ocean and your lure is small. The better fishermen tend to be optimistic and believe that each cast has potential.

BigFish
02-20-2004, 07:02 PM
Hey....whos lure are you callin' small dude????:laugha:

Goose
02-20-2004, 07:51 PM
I have read some great articals in deer hunting about making luck. IMO... luck is made/with a few exceptions. Its so easy to let your mind wonder about your chours around the house, OT or side work money's...while all that's going on, deer are skulling past you instead of responding to your calls to come within range. More then once I have taken deer only because I was very focused. Once the reports of big bass start coming in every night could be the night is the way I think. I'm hunrgy and happy.

Faith, don't leave home without it!

Nebe
02-20-2004, 09:17 PM
when ever I pick up some eels at my local baot shop I always give the scale a tap and tell the owner that I'll be needing that soon:D

Slingah
02-20-2004, 11:24 PM
The Zone......uummmmmmmmmmmmmbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzznnrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrruuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzznnnrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr bump......bumpbump 1.2.3.
BAM YA BABY!!!!!!!!! zizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz WOOHOO!!!