View Full Version : The death of a good company

argh
02-21-2004, 08:45 AM
Two years ago, this really good company buys out the laughing stock of a company in our area. The owner of the good company, being the gentlemen that he is, keeps as many of the workers of the old company as possible. Two years of growing pains later, I.E. back stabbing, lies, under handed deals, and out right attempts at sabotage, these trouble makers bring out the U word. Union. Never before has a good company gone down the drain faster. Nobody trusts any body because nobody really knows what side any bodys on. The good owner says if it goes " U suck together" he will sell his company and walk away. Well I guess he "has it coming" for being a nice guy, cause every body knows nice guys finsh last! Lost in all this is office people with 20 years with a good owner. Soon to be unemployed, these office people are wondering if anything can stop this cancer. Who ever buys the company will undoubtly fire the office people and hire their own. Meanwile these trouble makers win by destroying a good company, because either way, the good company will never be the same.:af:

Bawana
02-21-2004, 01:12 PM
I know of a printing co that went union because company did nothing but cry about not making money and people hadent gotten raises in like 6 years.they paid union dues for little over a year while company negotiated with union.AS soon as the law allowed them to the parent co. shut down the place and all the new UNION un-employees were out of jobs.The equipment got shipped to another plant that was not union.If these employees are not happy why dont THEY go get new jobs and not ruin it for the people that are happy being employed.

RI Popper
02-27-2004, 11:03 AM
Does bad stuff happen, YES. But I worked for a place that blatently disregarded OSHA regs/rules and put us in some dangerous situations and I was told that "If I dont' like the conditions to leave". I wish I would have had a union then.

Recovery Room
02-27-2004, 01:39 PM
Unfortunately unscrupulous owners have made unions a necessity in many instances. There are now federal agencies that are designed to protect the rights of individuals, but it's not always easy for an individual to report violations without risking his job.

Equally as unfortunate is the unions that don't stop at making sure their people are treated "fair". Many unions have squeezed companies for pay and benefits that far exceed what is "fair". The result is companies moving production overseas or going out of business all together.

Can't we all just play nice ?

argh
02-27-2004, 06:06 PM
O.K. there were no rules broken, just a bad winter for an oil company. Whinning service people don't help. The union was defeated 9-3 in service. Drivers are next. Also, one of the " new" drivers ... Lead trouble maker... is already a union ...... what ever! And a charter boat captain in the area. His trouble making days will be short, trust me. After taking to him you guys would not believe how we are all looked at by at least this captain. Quote" if my clients ask too many questions.... I bring their arse back to the dock and say ....I already have your money and there is nothing you can do about it, BYE BYE..... nice frigging guy ! More to follow!!!!!:smash: :af: :smash: :af:

RI Popper
02-27-2004, 08:23 PM
Well that's someone I definately wouldn't fish with and I'm sure that the someone with that type of an attitude gets a reputation with groups like Mass Bass, RISAA, etc.... and there are big numbers of people in those groups.