View Full Version : Grommet tool

Brad S
02-21-2004, 10:35 PM
I'm trying to make some tins but need nose grommets. I found some at NJ Tackle but they don't list a tool to set/form the grommets in the tin. I've sent them two emails over the last 8-10 wks and have gotten no reply :confused: Can anyone tell me where I can buy one of the tools? The grommets are 0.188 o.d.. Thanks for the help.

Diamond Tackle
02-22-2004, 09:48 AM
Brad,
I thought I had replied to you on the 1st email, we got 2 email from you i believe.
Sorry about that.

http://www.stimpsonco.com/attach_machines.htm

You probably want the hand drive tool, which is the first one listed.
Stimpson will take credit card orders over the phone for the equipment.
You CAN also get lucky and find them on ebay. They come up every one in a while. Do searches with "stimpson" and "grommet tool", theres some stuff up there right now.(one is at $5 bid)

The Stimpson#405 bench operated press is very good & what I started with , but you are looking at approx $379 new, used on ebay maybe $90-$150. The advantage of the Hand Drive tool is the size is already in the tool. The Bench press will need a die set, thats another $179 or so.

Best of luck, and sorry for any confusion. I strive very hard to return all emails.

JD

Brad S
02-26-2004, 05:18 PM
Thanks tinman, I think I'm going to get one of those hand drive tools like you recommended.