View Full Version : Do you no this guy??

macojoe
02-23-2004, 08:37 AM
I was wondering if any of you guys from RI. no a guy named Dana in Wakefield RI. I guess he works on boat motors for a few mariners and out of a barn in his back yard.

A buddy of mine is going there to look at a 150 Envinrude he has for sale. He sounds ok on the phone and will let us check out everything on the motor and says he will warr. for 30 days. And the warr. will not start till we put it in the water and start using it?? He said he will meet him at a ramp of are choose and he will do the start up and make sure all is well. then start the warr.

Sounds a little to good for the $$$??
My budy's Force dies 2 seasons ago and has just manged to save a couple of grand for a motor. This is a $2000 motor that he is buying now and then will not use for 2 1/2 months?

And I said I would ask if anyone here new this guy to be bad, good , or just say they never heard eaither way but new of him.

Thanks all!! Maco

Nebe
02-23-2004, 10:48 AM
I work in Wakefield and spend a lot of time in wakefield, but I have never heard of him.... but that dont mean a thing... THere are a lot of nice people in wakefield though:D

Bawana
02-23-2004, 12:59 PM
Even iif his name was mother Theresa I*d want to hear it run before I paid for it.At least check the compression in all cylinders to make sure they are close to being equal and make sure it has spark.Even if you take it to a dealer it would be worth having him check it out.Is it an old motor?? whats the condition of the outside?Even an old motor can be good if it was taken care of and does he know the Hours of running on it.