View Full Version : MIKE? rodholder???

Jenn
06-10-2001, 08:28 PM
Hey Mike...were you able to get one of those rodholders we talked about??? I know I havent been around here lately so I am just checking in with you.... thanks Jenn

mikecc
06-11-2001, 07:25 AM
Previous oredes have been out of stock with the the company that I deal with.
They sent out a flyer Friday showing them as in stock I will reorder today.

Mike

Jenn
06-11-2001, 09:18 PM
Thanks! :)

mikecc
06-15-2001, 07:46 PM
Jenn
The rod holder is in

Mike

Polish Prince
06-16-2001, 08:51 AM
Mike or Jenn (I'll never figur out how to navigate this board - ha ha ha) The important thing, however, is to navigate the distance from where I can park my truck to the surf. Most of it is over sand dunes so I'm currently trying to develop something from an old golf bag carrier or one of those cart mailmen sometimes use to carry their mail bags (this is partly dependent on what the local flea markets have today - ha ha ha).
Anyway - the point before I ramble on much longer is what kind of rod holder are you folks talking about? Pictures? Cost? How to order?
AND --- how do you guys get your stuff down to the waters edge. Four wheelers and dune buggys and such are not allowed anyplace I fish and to get to some good spots could be up to a couple of miles hike. Of course with my catch record at these spots they may not be considered good spots - ha ha ha.
Hope this reaches you and hope I learn better board navigating techniques - ha ha ha

john

JohnR
06-16-2001, 12:48 PM
I believe she ordered a bumper or license plate mounted rod holder. Allows 3-6 poles to be mounted on the front when you're already on the dunes fishing with your truck. It's not really safe for transporting to the beach but it's fine when you get there...

If vehicles aren't allowed onthe beach and you need to hoof it, best just to pack light with minimal gear. As far as a cart, you probably want somethingwith wide but light tires to float on top of the sand instead of sinking in (worse to drag). Something like those big tires on baby carriages for the beach maybe...

Jenn
06-17-2001, 10:34 PM
Went with the license plate one for the front. Makes life easier when bouncing from one end of the beach to the other and dont want to stuff everything in the back of the pickup (SO SICK OF THAT, take apart put together, etc, etc..... )

A suggestion for you might be to get one of those surf bags you can just throw over your shoulder (hopefully you should be able to fit what you need in it :O ) or one of those "fanny packs"

Thanks Mike.....I am going to shoot you an email in a second here....so keep an eye out for it

Jenn

Jenn
06-20-2001, 11:22 PM
Thanks! that was quick by the way....

I got it yesterday and the checks in the mail today....there is a good chance I will actually get to USE it next weekend!!! :) :)