View Full Version : Book on flies

DelSamAdams327
02-24-2004, 08:14 PM
Hey guys I tied trout flies for a few years now and I was wondering where could I get some paterns for saltwater flies? Books and pictures and such.

saltydog
02-24-2004, 08:36 PM
SAMADAMS327, heres one that you should have,

INNOVATIVE SALTWATER FLYS by Bob Veverka.
GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN:)

rizzo
02-24-2004, 08:53 PM
Streamers for Stripers by Ray Bondereau, Stripermoon by Ken Abrames, and Inshore Fly Fishing by Lou Tabory, and Ed Mitchelks books all have flies that are proven.

'ol pajamas
02-24-2004, 11:41 PM
"Dressing Flies for Fresh and Salt Waters" by Poul Jorgensen is a great book of proven patterns. Let your imagination go from there.

denis
02-25-2004, 12:45 AM
Flies for Saltwater,by #^&#^&#^&#^& Stewart & Farrow Allen.

steelhead
02-25-2004, 09:32 AM
Look at A Perfect Fish by Ken Abrames. Good for both flies and fishing techniques. If you trout fish, the only difference is the scale of the water. It's all bout current and presentation...

steelhead
02-25-2004, 09:37 AM
An old one, but well wortn getting if you find it, is Ken Bay's, Salt Water Flies, published in 1970. Shows what are considerd to many of the classics as they were orignally tied by the fly's originator. And another out of print book that is a classic is Streamer and Flys, The Big Fish FLies, by Joe Bates Jr. Some great history, and terrifc pictures of the flies as originazlly tied along with the pattern dressings.

Last summer I used some of the oldie but goodies from Bay's book, like the Honey Blonde, and Gibb's Blue and White bucktail. They worked as well as anything else in my fly box. And they are very easy to tie!