View Full Version : Has Anyone Seen "The Passion of Christ" Yet?

fishweewee
02-25-2004, 03:26 PM
I'd be interested to see it, don't really know if I'll have the fortitude to sit through it all.

Would be interested to hear any feedback...

-WW

Bliz
02-26-2004, 09:08 AM
I saw it yesterday...

It was a very powerful & engaging film.

There was silence in the theater as it had ended.

This film was just what I had anticipated it would be.

It is a MUST see!

Krispy
02-26-2004, 09:44 AM
There was silence in the theater as it had ended.
Usually not a good sign, I heard a lady had a heart attack while watching the film during the crucifiction seen.
Im still up in the air if Ill bother seeing it

RI Popper
02-26-2004, 01:04 PM
I've heard a lot of people who reviewed it complain about the violence, but isn't that the truth??? Wow what an eye opener to people to finally see what kind of sacrafice it truely was. I hope those who do see it believe it and don't discard it as only a hollywood stunt. Too many people today only want to see the goodie goodie type message about God, and not what he truely did as a sacrafice for us.

If anyone is offended by my opinion, I'm sorry for your offense but not my opinion.

Armand

fishweewee
02-26-2004, 01:11 PM
I'm kind of mystified by all the protests from people...who haven't seen the film yet.

I mean, go see them film first, then ya might have something to beeyotch about. :rolleyes:

Bliz
02-26-2004, 01:44 PM
There is a saying in the Scriptures that says "The same sun that melts wax... hardens clay".

It's so true in light of the polarity of views out there in response to this film.

What I found particularly striking was a scene where Pilate was speaking with his wife Claudia about truth.

Claudia claimed that she knew what truth was, yet it confounded her husband when he had asked her what it was.

Claudia's response suggested that she could not explain to him what truth was, and that it is something that he alone would have to discover himself...

And just as it was in the film when Pilate had asked the same question of Christ just prior to his conversation with Claudia,

Jesus' answer to Him was in the form of a question that caused Pilate to examine his motives in asking such a question.

Christ knew that Pilate was not seeking the answer for himself.

And Claudia, nor anyone else could give him the answer.

And so it is with those who view this film.

How you will aproach this film will determine what you walk away with...

See the movie... and decide for yourself.

But check to see what your your motives are at the door before you go.

It may just shape the way you are going to see this film as compared to other viewers much like Pilate who ask the same question...

What is truth?

Pilate had his OWN truth... do you?

Or is truth something external to self?...

That was one of many profound scenes from this film.

This is an awesome film with profound depth.

It will cause many to think about what truth really is.

There's so much more to this film than meets the eye...