View Full Version : Isn't It time for the obligatory Herring Thread???

Canalman
02-26-2004, 10:50 PM
Maybe it's too early...... but you know the drill

DOOD! I heard that someone thought they smelled a herring near the run in Bournedale! Then I runned home huffin and puffin all the way and my mom wuz watchin Bruce Schwegler and he said that Spring was gunna come like 15 weeks early. So I thought I'd check the mail and I got a postcard from the stripers and they said they were coming for a St. Patricks Day blitz on Plum Island. I think the water finally eeked above 36 woo hoo!

Or maybe I'm just too cynical.. I am just praying for MAY!!!!
:)

missing link
02-26-2004, 10:51 PM
gonna be in the 50's sunday :)

:happy:

-billy bob

thefishingfreak
02-26-2004, 11:14 PM
first comes the carp. then the herring.
it's only march.so cabin fever is still here.must---get---thru---april!
usualy sometime arround mothers day.may 9th and ending arround fathers day, june 20th. our little silver friends show up to spawn.

UserRemoved1
02-27-2004, 07:34 AM
lol

Dumb question but I not been down on the cape for over a month now :smash: Is there still alot of saltwater ice out there or has it all melted?

I'm itchin to get the boat on the water to grab some cod but not it theres still ICEBERGS :D

GBOUTDOORS
02-27-2004, 08:56 AM
I don't know about up TFF's way but we see our first herring around here in March not May if I wait till may in the Matt. river they will be almost done.

PS Salty most of the coves are clear but still lots of ice at the ramps. You can get out at high but not always back in if you know what I mean.

jettyjockey18
02-27-2004, 09:00 AM
the first scouts in middleboro will be here within the next 10 days...they always make it no matter how cold the winter...:happy: